Thread: Sean Mc
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 20:34   #13
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Sean Mc

Facing facts, loyalty doesn't rank highly in footballers morals these days. You only have to cast your mind back to last autumn when a certain England centre forward was holding Sir Alex and Man U to ransom...

But one thing that has to be remembered is no player is bigger than the club. Players come and players will go, the club will always remain.

Personally, I'm not too disappointed by this news. Best of luck to McConville and all the others who are trying their luck elsewhere. When McConville wanted to , he could look good, however at times he could also look lazy, lethargic, uninterested. As for his sending off in the second leg of the play off game, it showed that the lad still has a lot of growing up to do.

Under the stewardship and guidance of the Maestro Coley and his able assistant, he may have developed more. Under the stewardship of an untried manager, playing in what is getting an even harder league to get out of these days.....who knows???

Although McConville won't need to look far for familiar faces who thought these so called "bigger clubs", playing in a lower league albeit paying better wages were a better option,rather than sticking it out at Stanley. The conference is full of 'em.

Hopefully we will get suitably compensated,hopefully with some nice sell on / add on clauses of our own structured into these deals for Ryan, Gornell, Cisak and McConville. I'm sure Coley will unearth more unpolished gems. Thanks to the regime change at the top and with the future promising to be hopefully much more financially stable, If Coley can produce the goods and find some more gems, we'll be in a better position to tie them down on longer term deals.

In Coley I trust.

As the great man says....keep the faith !!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote