Thread: Sean Mc
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 21:09   #47
Larry Lobster

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It disgusts me when footballers choose non-league over league for the sake of a few pieces of silver. Sean will ultimately pay for this decision though as his development has now been truncated. Stockport will be expecting a 'finished article'; a goal scoring midfielder ready to slot into their team... and they haven't got one. The likelihood of his career progressing anywhere now is slim. Bad form Sean.
The bitterness on this thread towards one of several players that have left really surprises me. The Conference is, to all intents and purposes, an extention of the Football league these days. Most clubs are full time and the standard is little different than League 2.

That Sean McConville managed to score 13 times when the concensus seems to be that he was crap, suggests to me that if he has a "good" season he might just score a hatfull of goals.

County may well have a good season, I expect they'll be up there challenging. If they were to come straight back up, they'd be stronger for the experience and it wouldn't have been a bad move. But that's the beauty of football. No one can predict what's in store over the next 9 months.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote