View Single Post
Old 14-08-2011, 12:57   #28
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Where have all the graves gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
no offense to the guy , but it seems to me he is sometimes a "bit" dogmatic in his responses, one wonders what will happen to all of his research records which he refuses to share, what will happen once he passes ...... hopefully his family will have enough room/interest somewhere to store the stuff.
I don't refuse to share, I will answer any question I'm asked with documentary evidence, I don't rely on a tatty newspaper article as proof that an event happened, as I have already shown, most of the stuff I've researched is in Accrington Library, available to the library staff, not those lazy beggars who just flit from one thing to another, photocopy it, and claim they found it.
By the way most of the stuff is printed on special paper, which makes it difficult to photocopy. All my sources from which my files have been created, when I've finished with them, are also locked away in Accy libraray.
Proper research takes a lot of time, and effort to do it properly, so why should I just give it away to every Tom, Dick & Harry, who are too dim, or bone idle to find out for themselves, then don't even say thank you, when they've got what they want, I've had a hell of a lot of that sort over the past 20 or so years.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 14-08-2011 at 13:00. Reason: Spelling
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote