View Single Post
Old 16-08-2011, 19:52   #37
wallop79

Re: Where have all the graves gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejoed View Post
Retlaw, I am bewildered as to why you appear hell bent on proving I and everyone else, including newspaper reports wrong and only your good self reliably correct. You are clearly a stubborn owd coot and so stuck in yer ways you have this air of misguided authority that you are the only reliable source of information on Accrington History. When people become 'Unteachable' they've probably never learnt owt in the first place. One very good reason why I would never rely or put my trust in anything you have written.

Was the newspaper having a slack news day and made the entire episode up? I'm sure they didn't. And I wonder how much of newspaper information you have relied upon in your research over the years. Bet it weren't chip wrapper then!

You really should get your facts right Retlaw. I wonder how many others you have bullied into submission to accepting your incorrect data. Not this one

I have typed up a lot of information for my father Retlaw, and I can assure you that I have seen a lot of mistakes that the Accy Observer made in their reports. Saying someone has been killed in action, when they were in fact in hospital, given dates of someone's death, when a letter has then been received by the family from the commanding officer telling them a different date of death, so yes newspapers do make mistakes. My father after the late Bill Turner is probably the most knowledgeable about Accrington History, he has spent years & years researching The Pals, along with other local interests, until you have put in the same amount of hours as he has then you can start slating him. As he has commented he uses more than once source to try and back up findings, he doesn't just read the chip wrapper like yourself, get yer head in a few more books etc before you start calling him. (Stubborn he might be, but when he's reyt he's reyt, and when he's wrong he'll acknowledge that)

Last edited by Neil; 18-08-2011 at 01:23. Reason: fix quote
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote