Tealeaf
God Member

Re: Lap Dance Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
:/

plank
Idiot.
Why don't you read my initial post? If you can't understand it, let me reiterate;

a) Wetherspoons opened a retail establishment in Accy a couple of months ago; this bar - no different than others in their ubiquitous chain - is cheap and cheerful, designed to draw the punters in with knock-down booze prices and stodgy carbohydrate consumed on the premises.

b) This has been swiftly followed by the planned or actual opening of a number of other town centre dives dispensing alcohol for consumption on the premises.

c) There now appears to be a consensus on this website (with a few notable and honourable exceptions) that the driving force behind the rejuvenation of the local economy should be the creation of more of these establishments. We have had one clown on here only a few weeks ago complaining that the local newspaper was not prepared to give free publicity to his latest enterprise. Personally, if I was the editor of the AO, then I would have done, at the same time as reporting the additional cost to the taxpayer of the police and the NHS for the social costs of such an establishment (UK average, £8pds pp/customer per night). The taxpayer pays the costs; the pub/bar owners take the profit.

d) No surprise, then, that we now have a planned lap dancing club. The funny thing is that where these things started off in the UK - in London - they're now dying out. Rather passé, I'm afraid - a little bit like tattoo parlours, tanning salons, curry joints and similar rubbish associated with the dross of a squalid urban environment. So I would respectfully suggest that if HBC has any sense, permission for this 'sex encounter' club should be immediately thrown out.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote