Thread: Lap Dance Club
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2011, 21:08   #116
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Lap Dance Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I'm not a moaning minny at all, much more a grumpy old woman! I'm obviously portraying the wrong message, I would just like to see Accrington doing well and not going downhill as it seems to be doing, nothing more, and I can't see a lap dancing club taking it any more upmarket whatever the increase in employment (temporarily) might be!
So what would be your prescription for getting Accrington up and running then?
I am sure people would be very glad to hear of your suggestions. You could even enlighten HBC so they know just who to allow into town to trade.

Many industrial towns in the North West are suffering the same fate.
There is a lack of investment because nobody has much money to invest.......No-one is spending, incase they don't have a job tomorrow.

I don't know if you have looked around lately but all the boozers are shutting up shop.......changing to Indian Restaurants(how many indian restaurants can a town support)...lots of shops are empty...and the ones who are doing the most business are either charity shops or cut price stores(pound shops).
You don't need shops selling posh frocks when there is nowhere to go to wear your posh frock.

Wetherspoons and the meander in the thread came up because Wetherspoons was likened to the Lap dancing venue....so it wasn't a major thread wander....it was still about establishments that are in the town centre......that bring in trade.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote