View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 14:06   #8
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Jacob Hargreaves - born 1812, Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyP View Post
Hello

I am hoping someone from this website may be able to help me with my family history research.

I am tracing back along my fathers line and have got as far as the birth of Jacob Hargreaves in 1812 in Accrington. This information came from a census search and his birth certificate is not available because records only began in 1837.

I would like to try and find out who his parents were. For this I would need to either visit the church in the area he was born to search through parish records (however, I don't know which church this would be) or possibly visit a local Family History centre where they may have a copy of all the churches parish records, is there a centre such as this in Accrington?

Perhaps someone else has a link to this relative in their Family Tree?

I hope someone can help.

Many thanks,

Wendy
Vising the Churches will not work, none of them now have registers of that eara. Jack Broderick transcribed a lot of them copies of which are held in Accy Library.
I indexed most of them up to 1800, the Altham ones to 1837, Church Kirk to 1800, and St James's to 1812.
There were only 3 Hargreaves's baptised at St James's in 1812, two were called John & the other was Henry.
That leaves you with Church Kirk, I think Accy library is your best bet.
There is another possibility reading the posts again, the address Bank St is mentioned, possibility, they could have attended the Swedenborgs on Abbey St before they built the New Jerusalem. Have'nt a clue where their records are.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 06-10-2011 at 14:12.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote