View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 09:56   #23
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: Jacob Hargreaves - born 1812, Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Its no good going to Christ Church, it didn't start operating till 1841, very few churches hold any of their old records now, most of them are at the P-R-O in Preston.
Retlaw.
But he was living in the area in 1871 so could certainly have been attending there then. I'm not sure how much information is recorded in church records as they vary an awful lot. Some will give details of previous generations whilst others are very basic.

However, I've also found a Jacob Hargreaves, child under the age of 1, buried on 8th January 1813. Father John Hargreaves. (Johannis) I am wondering if there may be an error in transcription somewhere with some of the dates. It's a pity the original records are not available online. It may be worth checking if it's possible to view the original films of the records at the LDS Family History Centre at Chorley. I have the phone number if you'd like it. There's no charge for using the centre and just a nominal fee for hiring the film for you to view.

Just out of interest I found another Jacobus born to Margaritae and Johannis 4 Oct 1808 who was Christened 12 Jan 1809.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 07-10-2011 at 10:01.
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote