View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 17:00   #79
annesingleton

Cool Re: home made cow heal pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfashioned View Post
Maybe all of you should start to learn the English language & how to spell, before you try dangerous things like cooking with knives and flames?

or, try this, you might understand it better ...

maibe awll of u shud start to lurn the english langwage & how to spell,b4 u tri dangerouse things liyk cooking with knifes and flayms?

What a very rude person you are! I've really enjoyed reading this thread though, and I can remember my grandma making cow heel pie, I've made it once under her supervision when my children who are all now very grown up were small, it involves cooking the cow heel with braised steak and then removing it before serving, makes a really thick gravy. Also Margaret Pilkington has mentioned some old recipes, she's said before that we may be of a similar age and I would say we most definitely are. I'm currently in the process of writing down all the old recipes I've got for my children and grandchildren because I don't want them to get lost. When my daughter left home eleven years ago I gave her my "Grannie Annie's book of delicious home made recipes", consisting basically of all the food she'd eaten whilst growing upand how to cook it - she still has it but it's now extremely tatty!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote