View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54   #83
mobertol
God Member

Re: home made cow heal pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
That sounds delicious! I was also taught to cook by my mum and my grandma, but I do have a soft spot for Jamie Oliver!
I had a lovely lunch today at the Spread Eagle at Sawley, but I think I might be going a bit off thread here.
I am a self taught cook -never got a look in at home as my sister was at catering college and had to practise. Was given Delia Smith's original cookery course back in the 80's and still have it -it's like a bible to me and the recipes always work. I can also remember that my mum used to have a cookery book by Margueritte Pattern(?) or a name something like that. I mainly cook Italian though having lived here for 25 yrs.

Jamie has been a great success on TV and is much appreciated by my boys as he makes cooking look dynamic and trendy -but to me he swathes everything in tuns of Olive oil -with his slugs and glugs while doing the recipes and adding it again at the end! I wonder if he's getting something from the olive oil industry as a sort of ambassador at times....He's also way over the top with the amount of herbs he uses.

I love Rick Stein (with his food hero's) and especially his fish dishes.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote