View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 13:42   #84
emamum
Senior Member+

Re: home made cow heal pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I am a self taught cook -never got a look in at home as my sister was at catering college and had to practise. Was given Delia Smith's original cookery course back in the 80's and still have it -it's like a bible to me and the recipes always work. I can also remember that my mum used to have a cookery book by Margueritte Pattern(?) or a name something like that. I mainly cook Italian though having lived here for 25 yrs.

Jamie has been a great success on TV and is much appreciated by my boys as he makes cooking look dynamic and trendy -but to me he swathes everything in tuns of Olive oil -with his slugs and glugs while doing the recipes and adding it again at the end! I wonder if he's getting something from the olive oil industry as a sort of ambassador at times....He's also way over the top with the amount of herbs he uses.

I love Rick Stein (with his food hero's) and especially his fish dishes.
ive got the jamie olivers 30 min meals and they are pretty good, although not always very family friendly so i swap annd change when i do use it, ive got delia smith how to cook' aswell as nigella lawsons 'kitchen'.... i have a few cookery books now, i like to pick them up in charity shops and car boots and ive learnt to cook from them,im a pretty good cook, if i do say so myself, i manage to keep my family well fed cooking from scratch

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote