View Single Post
Old 25-10-2011, 19:12   #88
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Today's EU question: how would you vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
The credible argument Graham, is that it is what the vast majority of the public want including your constituents! Its not knee jerk reaction when you give the public a chance to express their opinion on something that is so radically different to what they voted on when they voted to become part of the then "Common Market"

The majority of today's electorate have never had this opportunity...i'm 54 years old & was too young at the time. The goalposts have moved so many times that the agreements in place today are unrecognisable from what the British people voted on before.

I dont for one minute believe that on THIS occasion you have done what you think is best for the people of Hyndburn. You have put your party before the people, some politicians always feel quite comfortable in early & mid term periods of the parliamentary cycle, however the public have longer memories than are given credit for, certainly if they feel they are being treated as irrelevant!

Best Regards - Taggy
Bang on the nose.

This isn't about the arguments, as to the pros and cons of the E.U.

It's about the democratic right for everyone to decide what they want our future to be.

British people fought and died, and were victorious against those who wanted people silenced.

Now it's us who've been silenced.

Or at least that's what an elitist few have attempted to do.

Well it ain't working.

People are angry.

Tweet that!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote