View Single Post
Old 26-10-2011, 22:17   #65
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
However, I am a believer in democracy and the general opinion seems to be that we should NOT be in Europe so therefore, that's how I think he should have voted.
There should be a referendum on this issue, because the European Union is a fundamentally different body to that of the Common Market. Which we did vote to stay in, via a referendum in 1975.

Whatever we feel, either for or against continued membership, doesn't matter one iota at this stage.

Because there has been a seismic shift in how we are now governed, that needs to be ratified by a democratic vote.

Blair, Brown, and Cameron know the majority of people want this right. That's why they said, always before an election, that there will be a referendum on the E.U. Then renege on that promise, once they're elected.

It is right people be allowed their views are counted, in a referendum.

It was wrong a majority of our M.P.'s denied people this right, as an act of protectionism, just because they happen to favour E.U. membership.

As stated earlier, if the majority of people vote, for the very first time, that they want to continue our membership, I, and other sceptics will accept that decision, because it's been arrived at democratically.

A referendum is the only solution to this issue, and M.P.'s should respect the majority wishes of those who elected them, and vote to ensure it happens.

It's shameful most didn't do this, when they had the chance on Monday night.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote