View Single Post
Old 30-10-2011, 09:43   #27
sm_counsell

Re: My early life in Accy 1946-68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
I also used to go to the Arcs on Knowlmere Street on a Saturday. Thats the first time I met Willie Hart. he used to rock and Roll with two gals at the same time.
Billy Baron and Jimmy Fielding used to do the one man stomp with a load of guys round them. Billy Athis used to try and join in but was about as good as me. Went up Whalley Road Congregational Youth Club few times with two school mates of mine. Eileen Stanton and Eileen Kenyon. Had a crush on both of them. I remember the Friday night I was in the Odean with my girl freind at the time Maureen Wallace when we heard the news of JFK's assassination. They put it on the screen. I also went to the Majestic ballroom (Con club) on a regular basis with my mates Bob Burnside and Jazz Moores. Spent most of the time in the bar. Lionel Morton was a regular in the bar. and I was there when the Merseybeats were there. Stood at the front with my girlfreind at the time Janet Kenyon.
I also left Accy in 68/69 and been away ever since. Live in Kent and now retiered.
I remember both Eileen Stanton and Eileen Kenyon
Eileen Kenyon was and is still a good friend. Her and her husband (Steve Clarke) have just come back to live in England (Blackpool) after living abroad for a while.
I also grew up with Billy Baron, me on Lime Avenue and him on Cherry Crescent. What memories!!!
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote