View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 13:25   #126
Acrylic-bob
God Member

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

I suppose that it was always an unrealistic expectation to believe that Graham would vote in any other way than the way his party dictated. As others more sage than I have observed, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Can you really imagine Graham giving up the enormous amounts of fun to be had by being a whip? Can you imagine him having the temerity to say to the party "Fine, deselect me if you wish, my constituents come first". Call me a cynic, but I can't.

I cannot begin to hazard a guess why the Government and the opposition are united in wishing to keep the people of this once proud country bound to the autocratic dictat of a faceless, unaccountable, unelected bureaucracy. Can it be that, like the gracious Lords Kinnock, Mandelson, Patton and Ashton (Yes, I know she's a woman) they all seek a first class ticket for the Euro Gravy train in their personal political hereafter? Well, good luck to them. But I have the feeling that they had better be quick about making their reservations because it is begining to look as though that particular train is going to come off the rails in spectacular fashion a good deal sooner than anyone expected.