View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 16:49   #149
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Graham actually is a decent, honest and trustworthy bloke. And as such, in many ways, represents the most admirable traits of the people of our borough.
Totally agree.

I think he is.

I thought he'd be a great representative in Westminster, for the people of Hyndburn.

That's probably the real reason I'm so very disappointed.

I'll never agree with his pro-continuing E.U. membership stance, but I'd respect his view.

What I'm unable to forgive is that he publicly stated he had no problem with a 'democratic' solution to this issue, via a referendum, and then two weeks voted against giving us that right.

Even though there was ample evidence, both locally, and nationally, that people are desperate to have their opinions counted in a referendum, regarding our future relationship with the European Union.

A s I've said, I think this is such a vitally important issue for our country, I will never again vote for anyone, or any political party who doesn't actively campaign that we are allowed a say in our future, in an in/out referendum.

No matter what happens over the changes re: the Boundary Commission, I can never again give my vote to Graham.

Personally, that saddens me.

But because of this vitally important issue, you're either with the people.

Or you're against them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote