View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 20:10   #8
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: It's not so smart to have a 'smart meter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Smells a bit fishy to me, why should it concern anybody in Belgium how supplies are metered, they won't reduce your usage, only an excuse to raise charges.
If utility Co's need to know how much you use, they should pay for the dammed meters.
While on the subject of charges, why should we pay line rental for telephones, I've paid enough in line rental to have my own private wire to Australia, why have we to pay for a bit of wire, when were not using it, as well as that, we are also charged 9p per call before we even speak.
Retlaw.
I agree.

Why should the U.K. be forced to comply to binding legislation issued from Brussels?

As for safety...

I'm more inclined to believe information supplied by Which?, than the Prophetess of all things Doom and Gloom.

Are smart meters safe?

So far, there has been no medical evidence to suggest that smart meters are unsafe for people.
Smart meter roll out - Smart meters and energy monitors explained - Energy monitor reviews - Creating an energy saving home - Which? Energy

(It was next door, who flushed the bog. The evil Jewish financier's still in there.)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote