Thread: Power - Karma
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2011, 10:07   #308
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
A person with scientific knowledge is often one of the first to say "I don't know", a conspiratist is someone much like a person newly converted to religion, they will grasp at the tiniest straw of what they consider to be true and will then go on a mission in the hopes of converting others to their ridiculous and unfounded theories.
as you say everyone can express their opinion, which also gives everyone else an equal right to express their contempt that a grown up, so called intelligent person should not only believe such rubbish but also want to spread such guff and expect no criticism.
I join you in welcoming Susie to the site, perhaps we can look forward to some interesting posts that will blow our technophobe out of the water?
I am in agreement with you Less. No-one will force you to believe any theory....but if you do not have the information, then it follows that you cannot make a choice as to whether to believe what has been theorised about.
Scientists also publish theories which at a later date turn out ot be unfounded and maybe even ridiculous, but because they are propounded by a scientist the general population believe what they are being told.

There has to be some kind of balance......and whatever susie123 thinks, it does not advance her argument/discussion to call another member a nutter.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote