View Single Post
Old 15-11-2011, 09:44   #109
mjp

Re: My early life in Accy 1946-68

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post

Here’s another blast from the past. This is the Young Liberals at Bowness on Windermere Good Friday 1964. That was the year I left the high school and most of the YLs were a year or two older so would have been at college or university by this time. Hence the display of college scarves! I was never a YL but some of my friends were which is how I came to tag along on this trip.

All the names are on the folder containing the photo together with a key which I can’t reproduce here but if anyone wants to put a name to a face let me know.

They are:

Me and my school friends Janice Brown, Sandra Bibby and Vivian Harrison, and my then boyfriend John Serjeant
Margaret Virtue, older sister of the painter John Virtue, and John Davies. They later married and went to live in America but now live in York
Derek Palk and Stephanie Sames who later married
Alan Hodkinson, Barrie Crook, Arthur Stuttard, David Merigold, Gordon Wrigley, Albert Wilkinson, Jim Wilson, Michael Oglesby, Alan Spencer, Bill Lever
Pat Dalton, Sheila?, Maureen ?

Think that’s all!
Hello there

I'm Derek and Steph's nephew. I randomly found this post via a google search for Derek, who sadly passed away in October. Hope you don't mind but I downloaded the photo to show my parents. I recognised a few of the names above but my Dad (Ken) was able to name most of them from the photo without seeing the cast list!

Cheers
mjp is offline   Reply With Quote