Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2011, 15:05   #843
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

Another thing that is bugging me is the continual use of simplistic analogies to describe how we can get out of economic messes ... believe me, we get this garbage over here too. A household budget is not a national economy in a complex economic world. I have no doubt that governments manipulate figures, and indulge in some dubious accounting practices, in order to present a picture of the economy that conforms to their ideologies.

It is quite plan that there isn't a simple solution to sort out the financial ills that currently beset the world...it isn't just the UK and Europe that are having a tough financial time.

If it was simple then the Eu would have sorted the Eurozone crisis by now...but there simply isn't a one size fits all solution....and that was the mistake of a single currency.......it was trying to force a one size fits all on all the countries in the Eurozone, regardless of their ability to maintain budgets and have equal growth...it was never going to happen.
The Southern Med countries don't have the same productivity/manufacturing to be able to compete with the likes of Germany and France

And you are right when you say that governments manipulate figures....and indulge in dubious accounting(amonst a lot of othe dubious practices, no doubt)....and the budgetary management system of a household cannot really be used to manage the finances of the UK, but certain tenets of household management, had they been employed, would have meant us being in much less of a mess...or certainly the mess being addressed long before now....but it wasn't....and it doesn't really matter how we got here in this mess.....what is absolutely certain is we need some decisive action to sort it out.......and I can't see the cavalry through my woolworths telescope.

And Groove, if you find politics boring, why don't you just burger off?
No-one makes you read this stuff.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote