Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2011, 22:28   #851
cmonstanley
God Member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The other maddening thing is, that we are led to believe we can influence the way our country is governed, by exercising democratic process...voting......and before Mancie comes on here and tells me that I am not allowed an opinion because I did not vote.........
I didn't vote because it feels like it is a worthless process...because none of the political parties is prepared to listen to the fears and anxieties of the electorate.....

The uncontrolled immigration, the human rights act which seems to protect the criminals rights, but leave the victims not only without the same right the criminals want, but traumatised by the crime too.

The sleaze and corruption in government....which seems to go unpunished, the cosying up to big business(by all parties - not just the tories) so that they can gain financial favours...tax avoidance by large companies while pensioners are being landed with huge tax bills(through no fault of their own).......because HMRC can't do their sums right - and threatening to send bailiffs in if the tax isn't paid......but if you are Vodafone or Topshop.....you won't be hounded because your accounts are offshore and so therefore don't pay the dues that they should.

How can we, the little ordinary people get our point across if democratic process is ignored?
its your democratic right not to vote but i think a campaign should be started to reduce the deposit you have to pay to stand for parliament and the local councils so more parties can afford to enter the fray