View Single Post
Old 22-12-2011, 14:38   #1598
mobertol
God Member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Interesting U.K. fact of the day.

Andrew Neil was editor of the Sunday Times 1983-94.

He famously had an affair with a Commons researcher, and part time harlot, Pamella (pronounced Pam-ella) Bordes.

He dies his Brillo pad type hair, and now presents politics show, This Week, which follows Question Time. Which incidentally is presented by David Dimbleby, who doesn't wear a natty bowtie.

Give, give, give.

Soon have you up to speed, about what's happened in Britain, in the last four decades.

Have copied it all down in my new note-book (not my ACER!).

Being an old-fashioned sort of girl I find I memorise things better when I write them by hand. Have divided it into categories: Gossip, Soaps, Girl/Boy bands, Politics, Media, TV commedies, Slang etc...you know how much I like to make lists.

I am using my 37yr old Waterman cartridge pen with Royal blue ink which has never let me down in exams.

Blooper and Chav are my first slang entries...

Just to give back a little -Borde is a spanish word with many different meanings among them: Edgy, Illegitimate and Border. In Italian the word is Bordo -it doesn't take a massive leap of the imagination to get to Bordello which somehow seems appropriate for Pamella

What is Channel 4 by the way?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote