View Single Post
Old 24-01-2012, 10:43   #135
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

WALTS10 - I thought it was an anagram of L WATSon who played number 10 for us!!!!

I think part of the reason that Hoskin would be supported is that yes he played for the club, yes he was incredibly popular with the fans, yes he's a local lad and fully understands the club, town and how the two should be in tangent, but that he has also managed the reserve side and has done a lot of work over the years with the kids, both at Accrington and at Burnley - as well as running his own Youth Development thingy. He has contacts albeit not as many as some others might have

Carl Garner? I can't say I'm familiar with what he has or is acheiving at Clitheroe but its far too down the ladder for him to have contacts at the right end of what we need.

Same could be said for Flitcroft and Jansen, but they do have contacts higher up the leagues particularly through Rovers - and would fetch some Rovers fans into the club

Paul Cook is the most obvious for many reasons but the worry would be whether we could financially match what he would expect for a wage bill or transfer budget.

Watson for me though.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 24-01-2012 at 10:49.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote