View Single Post
Old 15-03-2012, 19:45   #51
Boeing Guy
JFT96

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Well the thinkers may have thought it was round, I know the Greeks 350 BC thought it was a sphere. But around 15th century, most common folks (peasants) thought it was flat. Christopher Columbus's sailors were afraid they would sail of the edge of the earth.

The point is that a lot of people who think Cannabis should remain illegal are like those who thought the earth is flat - their ideas are based on incorrect information!
Firstly the Earth is a Oblate Spheroid.

I disagree, I would like to think that as a professional Aviator who at any time has many lives in his hands, I take a reasoned and open minded approach to what I read and see.

I am against legalising any of the current batches illegal drugs. I have read scientific journals and papers and read this and other threads with interest.
If some one wants to abuse themselves that is up to them and I can see a arguement for regulating drugs, in order to give the Tax man a cut. However I could not see this being a solution, mainly because we cannot stop drug lords and organised crime from bringing supplies into the country and then selling them on the black market, after all they would not just roll over and give up their money supply.

We have no test available to easily see if some one is stoned on pot, unlike the breatherzer there is no simple roadside test, this is a problem in its own right.
I have not seen or read anything on this forum to make me reconsider my view.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion