View Single Post
Old 16-03-2012, 18:58   #64
kestrelx
Senior Member+

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Just this statement shows you knowledge is 0 on this subject.

Why didn't they?

I disagree with you here, I would sooner have the plant form, Skunk, than the resin designed for the UK (soap Bar) which is full of poisons.

Speed grown? Skunk is grown under Sodium Lights, will take 8-16 weeks from start to finish dependant on the strain and processed user to grow.

Yes you can get many different strains / strengths of cannabis just like Alcohol.

I wouldn't class myself as dumb, but I don't understand.

"If cannabis wasn't illegal then SKUNK would not have been invented!"

I've done my drugs so I'm not really bothered about this debate!

Skunk is not naturally grown and was started by drugs dealers to save themselves having to run the gauntlet of importing the stuff!

It has high levels of THC and THC is what is more likely to make users psychotic. In natural plants it is balanced out by CBD which has a more calming sedating effect!
DrugScope | DRUG INFORMATION | Skunk

Quote from above link:

'Traditional' herbal cannabis ranges from between two and four per cent THC content. The more potent varieties average between 10 and 14 per cent with the trend being towards even higher levels of THC.
The original skunk was a cross between Indica and Sativa cannabis stock, with the fast-growing Indica as the main ingredient. It was generally believed among regular users and growers that Sativa produced a 'high' (sharperned and heightened perception) while Indica produced a 'stoned' effect (just about the opposite). The original hybrids, including skunk itself, are believed to have originated in the USA. The name Skunk itself points to a USA connection (being so-called because of the pungent odour it emits while growing). They have since been refined and cross-bred into a range of different varieties by Dutch growers.
Skunk and the other varieties are now being grown in significant quantities in the Netherlands and Britain. British growers now boast that they are ahead of the Dutch in techniques and quality. They also claim that seed being produced here makes the British market self-sufficient.