View Single Post
Old 27-03-2012, 17:03   #114
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
hang on morphine is a legal drug if prescribed but just like many other drugs that are prescription only and its not just cancer its given out for.I know someone who uses morphine patches daily infact i know two people that use it daily in patch form and in liquid form when needed but it is on prescription only but neither are cancer sufferers.I dont know why anyone would want the god awfull stuff as a recreational drug all it does is cause nausia and vomiting but if thats someones idea of a good time then fair play lol

as of yet canabis isnt prescribed in teh uk as i know of so it is an illigal drug so does belong in the poll along side heroin etc.There is a canabis substitute but they certainly dont prescribe canabis in its natural form for people to roll up and smoke or eat in cake.

Canada are considering legalising canabis at the moment which will probably happen as they have just legalised brothels

The reason I mentioned that it is used for cancer was that another poster had said that it was illegal for cancer sufferers to use it......I know it is used for many other things too. I can't see many people wanting to use it as a recreational drug as it does not give a 'high'....quite the reverse....it can cause nause and sickness and also constipation.

As for Cannabis........it is prescribed in the UK(not the natural leaf as its quality and purity would be hard to guarantee, but the pharma product)......as a spray or in tablet form (under the name of Sativex).......it is used by MS sufferers, but can also be given for nueropathic pain and the pain caused by some cancers......it is marketed by Bayer Schering.

I remember trials of the medicine being conducted more than ten years ago.