View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 15:36   #156
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Parkinson's Disease Society new local group

As part of Parkinson's Awareness Week we're holding an information/collection day in Accrington on Friday 20th April, 10am - 3pm.

We'll be on Broadway, and in/near the Market Hall, providing information about the disease, and letting people know what we can offer in the way of support, if anyone has, or knows someone in the area with Parkinson's disease.

In the past Parkinson's UK have provided t-shirts, and other things to make us more visible, but we were told this time we'd have to buy them, and they weren't cheap. So we decided to see if we could have shirts printed with our own name on, Hyndburn & Ribble Valley Parkinson's support group.

Keen to support local businesses, I went to see Lancsdave at Giftprint, in Peel Street.

I'd like to say a massive thanks to Giftprint, because Dave has very kindly donated his services for free.

In hard economic times, when businesses are struggling to keep their heads above water, that really is very generous to donate and print the shirts.

I honestly wouldn't have gone there, if I'd have known he wasn't going to charge us. But I'm very glad I did.

Thank you so much, it really is very kind of you.

If you see us on the 20th, in our swanky new t-shirts, trying not to shake our collection tins, do please say hello.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote