View Single Post
Old 13-04-2012, 20:12   #13
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: New To Accrington Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Allen View Post
thanks for the welcomes it says to introduce yourself and i my name and what i do. i was not advertising. just stating a fact. maybe i should have said im eddie im big fat and bald with false teeth is that better
One of the things I've found difficult with Accyweb sometimes is to know where to go to find out what the rules are, what is and isn't permitted, and where to go for advice. The only links I can see on the front page, unless I'm missing something blindingly obvious, are two tiny links right at the bottom RH corner - Privacy, and TOS - don't know what that means. It was a long time before I even scrolled down that far on the front page.

Over the months since I joined I've been guilty of one or two breaches of the rules but always been put right in a firm but pleasant way by moderators Neil or Mick. I know that their signatures contain links to the rules and I've stumbled across some pages myself but wouldn't know how or why.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a much more obvious link to the rules, say on the top bar with all the other links, so that new or prospective members don't run the risk of falling foul of them with their first post, as Eddie appears to have done. It would also stop older more experienced members from jumping on him and might encourage him to stick around, instead of driving him away. It might also be useful for other members if they ever felt the need to check up on something before posting.

Welcome, Eddie, and hope you stay with us.