Thread: Load of balls
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012, 14:30   #19
Eric
God Member

Re: Load of balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I have been here for a while, I have seen people come and people go.

Is anyone after changing AccyWeb? Some new members might not know how forums work, and feel bullied, having comments directed at them with some nice red Karma.

As it was me who mentioned Click recently first (Surprising how one little word has made it into so many other threads) I was only having a laugh with a Click member as he posted he was waiting for it to come. Seems alot of peole (same ones usually) get all defensive.

Happen its the fact anyone doesn't agree with certain members or has a view point they cant understand the insults start, the red starts to flow and this is usually done in a pack like fashion.
I don't think AccWeb needs changing ... it changes all the time without any formal efforts at revamping. In fact, I really don't think one should think of it as a "thing" ... more like a bunch of folks getting together and talking about "stuff" ... Sure there are some on here I like more than others. That doesn't, however, mean that I have to agree with them all the time. Some, I agree with only once in a blue moon.

One thing that particularly irks me though is ridiculing an argument merely because of the person who is making it ... that would be ad hominem for those of you folks who have benefited from the joys of Latin. There again, we have to allow that there are different personalities on here, different ways of dealing with things. Personally, I like an argument, especially as I know that I am always right. I also happen to think tha C'mon and Mancie are right most of the time. They keep on posting. Maybe they haven't quite reached my level of perfection, but they keep on posting and don't whine.

The red karma issue is not something I give much thought to. I don't recall ever giving any; but, if some wish to use it ... not my problem, eh.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote