View Single Post
Old 27-04-2012, 18:25   #185
Eric
God Member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
My "No", wasn't meant as a response to decriminalization, it was in response to the question; is decriminalize the same as legalize ?

As to legalizing, I can see both sides & as Holland is a regular destination for us here I can quite readily see how it works for them, talk to those involved & see the problems & advantages of their system.

That said, the Dutch Government are tightening their rules & licensing procedures for their "Coffee Shops". Also there is a vast difference in the mentality & attitudes of the imbibers of NL compared to the UK consumers.
Oh, I was just adding a comment. I know what you meant.

Maybe the consumer attitudes are the product of government attitudes. I do believe that governments will become more likely to liberalize (at least) marijuana laws as time passes. I think we are reaching the point where most legislators have had a toke. What was it Clinton said: Something like "I tried marijuana once, but I didn't exhale"

As an aside, I like the Dutch; they are laid back like us. Did you know that Princess Margriet was born in Ottawa? And the Dutch have never forgotten that it was the Canadian Army which booted the krauts out of Holland. Every year, they send us flowers .... thousands of tulips.