View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012, 13:11   #202
Restless
Senior Member+

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Anne-- Well its just an opinion, but I thought your post was not pointless just flawed. Flawed because you throw cannabis in with a statement that could be about hard drugs. Without details there is no way to know-- I guess you work in a hospital or doctors? or some other job where info is confidential? you might of said before but I don't remember. That is fair if you cannot go into details. I am just interested. If this subject is gonna keep popping up here, its better imho to keep it factual and serious.

I am pretty serious about this subject because I have seen first hand the damage hard drugs can do. I can't stand to see them now. The latest thing is those 'legal highs' that are extremely dangerous. 'Bubble' that was made illegal earlier this year(debatable whether or not it has made the slightest difference) is very bad. It is plant fertilizer. Other legal highs as they are obnoxiously named are things like bath salts and other chemicals. There is a good documentary about it

I find it quite disturbing with all the deaths I have heard of recently in relation to 'bubble' I would predict that this drug will end up claiming more lives than ecstasy has.

Cannabis wrecks lives in the same way alcohol and gambling does but not the same way as hard drugs do.

Sometimes this sounds and feels like a rant but I think there is not enough awareness about drugs. Condemnation is not awareness.

Luckily I have not lost a friend to drugs, though I lost a friend(though we were not that close) recently due to a stomach ulcer bursting. He did nothing but drink alcohol and perhaps cannabis sometimes. He was 35 years old. Perhaps if he didn't drink at all he would still be alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've never worked with people on drugs but have seen the mess they cause Anne, they once brought a 19 year old on the chest ward where I was he had pneumonia, he'd OD and was lead on a park bench through a very rainy night, they eventually got the lad right, and he told us he'd finished with drugs, he'd learnt his lesson. Three weeks later I was reading the Observer and it was reported that this same lad had been found dead in his flat on Nuttall St. Accy, from a drugs over dose, a complete and utter waste.
Yes. it is a shame.

Condemnation is not awareness. Perhaps with a bit of teaching this wouldn't happen. What drugs was this? I never understood how people could be so stupid to do stuff like heroin etc. Its a lack of knowledge/awareness for these kids, and they start taking drugs when they are young and some of them just don't know the difference, but then again some simply do no care. It is a sad thing