View Single Post
Old 16-05-2012, 09:01   #53
smudgie
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington Stanley Squad

Some very valid points carpon.

Unfortunately do to our's and alot of other League Two club's financial state we are simply not in a position to hand out 2 year contracts all over the place. Granted Joyce, Murphy and Winnard (up till Jan) had not had any injury and deserved their deals.

Look at the opposite end of the stick, Craney. Signed on an 18 month deal as well as relatively massive wages from Fleetwood and has been injured for a large period of that time. A massive mistake from Coley.

As the current squad goes, yes we are down on numbers, but if I remember right, last season we had Craney signed and that was it???

Im sure Cooky & Leam are looking 7 days a week for potential targets but as ever we have to be realistic. I am just hoping the likes of Hughes, Hatfield & Barnett for example can see the bigger picture and sign up. As all three would be in my first choice XI for next season. More game time = more chance to put yourself in the shop window for a bigger club. As for Hughes maybe he is looking at doing his coaching badges, im sure he could walk straight into a job as first team coach at the Crown

I was quite impressed with the young Burnley lads we had on trail last season, Dean Overson (now at Bradford) in particular caught my eye at Right Back.

Mixed with a few experienced pro's im sure we will be fine
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote