View Single Post
Old 20-05-2012, 01:06   #76
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Accrington Stanley Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
He's also a terrible football player. No thanks.
Based on????????

If you're gonna make statements like that....at least back it up with a reason!!!!

Or reasons!!!

Personal opinion....I've only seen him a couple of times....but I've never seen him have a bad game, he has a massive physical presence, has a massively long throw...has a towering physique at set pieces, pops up with the odd goal here and there..... and if memory serves, when Rotherham did us 3-2 at the Crown the other year, he had our back line panicking and indeed eventually capitulating !!!

Fair enough, the Port Vale game at home he didn't have the best of times,his head probably wasn't right!!! But even then I didn't think he did too much wrong ( bearing in mind Gannon wasn't flavour of the month with the Valiants then, and maybe...just maybe he didn't get on with Exodus)

Maybe IF settled with a club, manager & a set of fans behind him..... things maybe different???

Or have you got direct feedback from how he's fared at Grimsby this last season???? If so, I'll stand corrected !!!

It was only a suggestion !!! He's probably looking for somewhere to earn a crust, Coley was an admirer ( IF memory serves ) and given we won't be splashing any money on signing the John Terry's or the Nemanca Vidic's of this world... as he's (Geoghan) probably a free agent...No harm in mentioning the name????

I've seen him on quite a few occasions (including other than Stanley games) & personally rate him as a very reasonable centre half at this level !!! That's my opinion !!!

If you can suggest a better centre half who Cooky can sign for zilch then I'm all ears !!!

Also...I fully expect Sunbeds to end up playing for Coley next season...It would be nice if Cooky could foil Coley & get Sunbeds to sign up for Stanley..but Rochdale being the "Real Madrid or Barcelona" of League Two an' all that !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 20-05-2012 at 01:09.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web