View Single Post
Old 20-05-2012, 09:25   #79
Pendle Red
God Member

Re: Accrington Stanley Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
From what I've seen - which is more than what I'd normally see of a non-Stanley player due to the sheer amount of clubs he has played for/been offloaded to - Geohaghon offers only physicality, whch is ok for non-league but gets found out very quickly in the Football League.

Despite our tiny stature, we need to consider ourselves better than taking in the dregs of lower league football. That kind of behaviour got Macclesfield where they are now.

Young and hungry players (players released from Premier League clubs, players who have proven themselves in other leagues) are much more valuable to us than players described as 'experienced' when in fact they have just 'done the rounds'.
So where do players like Hessey, McIntyre and Hughes fit into this?

As each of them are what I would term experienced and have each brought something to Stanley and built on what we had.

I would also say with the odd exception that they are harder to replace than some of the loanees from so called bigger Clubs we have had over the years, I understand your argument that young uns can learn and get more from League experience than wallowing in reserve games but it is also a fine balance between inexperience and experience.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 20-05-2012 at 09:31.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote