View Single Post
Old 27-05-2012, 13:03   #11
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Today in pictures

Well yesterday afternoon I finally dug out my camera having not used it for a while. You see gents we ladies don't have many pockets to keep them in, certainly not a top pocket, so the camera tends to get forgotten about.

Anyway yesterday I did a bit of potting/pottering in the garden. I'm not fit enough at the moment to do more than a bit of potting up and a few hanging baskets. The rest has been untouched since last year which is frustrating as gardening is my normal leisure activity.

The photos are from an upstairs window, two floors up (our house has four storeys). The angles may be a bit odd as I was trying to avoid getting the open window frame in shot.

The first two pics are my veg garden - you will see the rhubarb. No veg, but a profusion of colourful wild flowers and self-seeded flowers. Looks lovely now till the flowers die. and the scent is amazing from the wallflowers. Next two pics of other parts of he garden - again untouched since last year. I'm qute pleased it all looks so pretty with no input from me.

Finally from the same window a view down to the sea. The houses either side of the gap are on the prom, which the side of our house faces. This pic was taken from the back of the house facing sideways if you see what I mean. Through the gap you can see the sea and on the other side of the bay, Grange over Sands and the Lake District hills in the background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3582 (640x480).jpg (300.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3583 (640x480).jpg (283.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3584 (640x480).jpg (345.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3585 (640x480).jpg (267.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3586 (480x640).jpg (209.9 KB, 73 views)