View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:40   #110
davemac
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
other names for it is snakeweed/dragonwort.....and it can be used as an astringent, and it is supposed to be good for treating catarrh and diarrhoea....or at least a concoction of the root is.
Enjoy your wet walk.
I feel a bit deprived. I was going to go out and look at what was going on for the Jubilee Celebrations in Mercer Park, and take some pics - somehow, I don't think there will be much happening in the way of picnics and the like.

I was also going to photograph the local street party - but that also looks unlikely now. Drat!
It is always the same when you plan a jaunt, the weather always has the last word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Yes, pretty sure it's bistort, I have some of the cultivated sort in my garden. It's not actually in the dock genus most of which have pretty insignificant greenish flowers.

Well trimmed or not Bob is looking pretty good, can the same be said for his human??

Raining here too, only just found out (you wouldn't think we lived here!) that Morecambe is attempting to break the record for the longest street party today. If it goes as far as they hope we should be able to see it from our house as it will be going along the prom and past the gap between the houses through which we can see the prom and the sea. I wonder if it will get that far in the rain. We might take a wander down if the rain stops otherwise I will be watching the Thames pageant on TV.
Flickr: davemac43's Photostream Thanks to Mrs. P. and her guidance, I now have a flicker page, and on it, is one of Bob when he really requires a haircut.

Up to now I have managed to remain incognito, but I am aware that Mrs.P. is ready with camera to capture my image should our paths cross.
Although with my flat cap on I do look like Fred Dibnah
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote