Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Accrington Forum News
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Forum News Read about the latest happenings on our site.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2003, 17:28   #1
Forum Admin

Post Accrington Forum

Accrington Web Forum up and running 24/03/2003.
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2003, 10:41   #2
Forum Admin

Post Re: Accrington Forum

Over 20 new members in first 3 days! 27/03/2003
[hr]
Please report any problems with the website to me!
Old 27-03-2003, 15:51   #3
Forum Admin

Don't forget when you have logged in to use the "Profile" button above to fill in more details and change your options.
Old 27-03-2003, 15:59   #4
KIPAX

Hi.. Excellent idea.

Had some trouble logging in. It wouldn't keep me logged in. Everything I tried to do it asked foir username and password.

The problem is the framed redirection your using. Or rather a mixture of that and cookies because its trying to retrieve a cookie from www.accringtonweb.com when it was saved on www.kof-palitra.ru This is using ie6 BTW. I accessed the site using the real url and all worked.

Others will have the same problem and won't be able to log in I am afraid. The only answer is to use your domain to point to the forum and leave the frame masking or transfer your domain to the same server as the MB.

Hope this works.. www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk recently launched there new website and they had a messageboard. only for a few days then gave up on it

I use the messageboard at www.accringtonstanley.co.uk but thats football subjects only. The area has been crying out for a decent MB IMHO ..I will let everyone know on the football site that you are here.. But you may need to sort out the logging in problem.

Old 27-03-2003, 17:30   #5
Junior Member+

works great for me.
Old 27-03-2003, 17:30   #6
Forum Admin

Temporary fix applied to that, thanks a lot.

About the other message boards, well - this one is different because it's not really associated to anyone or anything important, so there is total freedom of speech. And anything can be talked about - whether it works or not is another matter, we'll have to see.

Old 30-03-2003, 18:28   #7

a great site.
Accrington needs a kick
accrington peaple lets get back together
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 22:09   #8
Junior Member+

Geat site, its good to see something for the locals, good worK!!![flash=200,200][/flash]
Old 12-06-2003, 05:30   #9

great site, would love to chat with other accringtonians when a room is up and running! no longer live there meself but get regular photo's of town changes!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 17:33   #10
Junior Member+

Good site. I like to have my say.  ;D ;
leeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 20:46   #11
Junior Member+

Hi. This is a great site and a brilliant idea.
I'll have to remember to send people here.
GinaGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2003, 19:29   #12
Senior Member+

Will agree i am on here really often.Love the photos and can keep upwi the changes back in the home country
Old 07-09-2003, 10:29   #13
Senior Member+

Love the layout of this website.You must have put a lot of thought in to it
Old 07-09-2003, 15:05   #14
Accy Goddess

Site very adictive.    
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 16:20   #15
Roy
Administrator

[quote author=Mik_Dickinson link=board=news;num=1048534116;start=0#12 date=09/07/03 at 11:29:21]Love the layout of this website.You must have put a lot of thought in to it [/quote]

The truth! You want to know?   It wasn't me. I didn't think of the layout - it is the work of a lot of great people on the internet. Extremely clever programmers who do not mind sharing their own intelligence for the good of the net, for free. I just adapted it for Accrington! Credit where credit is due - go to http://www.yabbforum.com to find the really good people.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..