Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 06:27   #1

Richard Walton Kenyon

Born Accrington 1851 - Inventor of Ewbank Carpet sweepers and other machines etc.
barnsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2006, 11:09   #2

Re: Richard Walton Kenyon

my great grandad was called tozer he came over from ireland with my grandad he was a french polisher who liked a drink and he was the person who frenched polished the first ewbank carpet sweeper: the first ewbank was made from wood that is how it became to be french polished

Last edited by notts; 14-02-2006 at 18:55.
notts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2006, 13:35   #3
Senior Member+

[................................................

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!

Last edited by BLACKBURN RAVER; 14-02-2006 at 13:39.
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 15:45   #4
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
[................................................
Pleased to see the Ewbank connection. Richard Walton Kenyon was my great grandfather. See Tiverton museum site for his own account of how he came to amke the Ewbank.
RichardMBKenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 23:42   #5

Richard Walton Kenyon

Hi there,
Richard Walton Kenyon's daughter Ruth Walton Kenyon was married to my distant relative Arnold Hartley Barnes in 1907.

I have a little history of the Kenyon family whilst researching my Barnes family.

I would be interested to hear from you.

Cheers,
Barnsie
Old 29-09-2006, 12:47   #6
Junior Member+

I shall look you up in the members and send you a personal email if there is an address. Otherwise, please send me an email.

Richard Kenyon
RichardMBKenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 23:02   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

me mam worked there for many years till it closed, i did a short spell myself, had probably the best works canteen. but i never knew the guy came from accrington, very pleased to know that.
Old 13-10-2014, 13:33   #8
Junior Member+

Hi Richard. Have you ever looked into Richard W Kenyons ancestry. His parents were James 1826 and Elizabeth Pilkington. wondering if you knew who his grandparents were.
Regards
Dave
DaveT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 14:50   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
Hi Richard. Have you ever looked into Richard W Kenyons ancestry. His parents were James 1826 and Elizabeth Pilkington. wondering if you knew who his grandparents were.
Regards
Dave
Yeh would probably be better trying a P.M. to him Dave? He posted that 2006. n dont come on the forum these days. Just check contact info on his profile,
Old 13-10-2014, 21:55   #10
Junior Member+

tx Cashman. will try that. I may have asked this before but if anyone has any Kenyon ancestors in the Accy area around early 1800's I would be very interested.
cheers
Dave
Old 14-10-2014, 03:20   #11

Hi Dave et al,

Just checked my Barnes Tree and it seems Richard Walton Kenyon's father, James Kenyon was the son of MARY KENYON who married by Lincence Richard Crawshaw 25 April 1837 St. James Accrington.....The Witnesses were James Kenyon and Daniel Nuttall.
James was born December 1826.....I believe.....can't be sure of anything earlier re Kenyons......it seems possible Mary was not married before Richard Crawshaw.
In 1861 Richard was living with James, Elizabeth and family as a Widower, described as Grand...Prt??

Cheers,
Barnsie
Old 14-10-2014, 13:41   #12
Junior Member+

Tx for that Barnsie. have sent you a pm and Richard M B Kenyon got back to me.
Dave
Old 14-10-2014, 23:32   #13

Hi Dave,

I have sent you a pm too. Confirmation of Sally Kenyon, ran out of space.....if you need further, let me know.
Old 14-10-2014, 23:40   #14
Junior Member+

Hi Barnsie. Haven't received any pm's from you.
Dave
Old 15-10-2014, 04:40   #15

I found yours in the Visitors section and replied therein.
In any case, Sally Kenyon was dau. of Mary Kenyon as per Lancashire OPC b. 1804 and died 17 March 1845 40 yrs. Asthma of Heifers Bank also called Sarah.
James Kenyon I believe was also son of Mary Kenyon and Sally's brother - never found father/s of them.
As well could not find marriage of Mary to anyone named Kenyon as other scenario.
So Richard married Mary in 1837 and her children found with them in 1841 together with his sister Fanny Crawshaw who died 1857 Accy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..