Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2008, 12:54   #31

Re: David Lloyd

Well Cashman and Ossy Kid, you were at Accy Tech the same time as I was. Mammy Archers class 56-59 and left under a cloud then to join the Royal Navy.
Just returned from New Zealand and spoke to David Lloyd at the first test match in Hamilton, we talked about Cambridge Street Methodists and he still remembered me chasing him around the park trying to stick him one (Spring Hill WMC had a hard team, and would kick anybody off the park). Glad to say I couldn't catch him!!
Anyway he told me that he'd met at least 7 people from Accrington at the test match, with Banners from ACCRINGTON and a St. Georges Cross flag with Church CC painted on it. So many many Accrington'ers following England.
As for Bob Cunliffe, he was a nice bloke who had a good sense of humour, and knew a good cricketer when he saw one growing up. Jack Simmons was in the fourth form when I was in the first form. AccyTech was a famous school that died when it merged with Rhyddings school...what a pity! David was 2 classes behind mine, so Ossy Kid you must have been in the same year. Not so happy days!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2008, 13:17   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it merged with rhyddings in my final year darby, obviously could not keep going without me. they sent all the "Top" pupils down to the tech, which was very handy,cos a guy i befriended, his dad had the "Prince Of Wales" on union rd.
Old 25-03-2008, 17:39   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it merged with rhyddings in my final year darby, obviously could not keep going without me. they sent all the "Top" pupils down to the tech, which was very handy,cos a guy i befriended, his dad had the "Prince Of Wales" on union rd.
Wasn't Ossy was it cashy
Old 25-03-2008, 20:36   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Wasn't Ossy was it cashy
yep it was a Thwaites House just below the Horseshoe which was lions landlord was Oswaldeston. the Prince of Wales was Mcnair.
Old 26-03-2008, 09:41   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yep it was a Thwaites House just below the Horseshoe which was lions landlord was Oswaldeston. the Prince of Wales was Mcnair.
Yay I meant the landlord cashy we used to call him Ossy as in Oswaldeston there were two brothers I think one was a cripple, walked very badly, think his name was Trevor but not sure
Old 26-03-2008, 11:50   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yay I meant the landlord cashy we used to call him Ossy as in Oswaldeston there were two brothers I think one was a cripple, walked very badly, think his name was Trevor but not sure
the actual landlord was george oswaldeston, remember him well as he chased me down union rd with a bayonet.
Old 24-11-2008, 08:13   #37
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I was in the same year as David Lloyd at Peel Park.......he was noted to be a good criket player even then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
An dont forget his crowning glory. He made a few appearances for Stanley as a young lad, although he supports Derby.
Derby!!?..not him ..his boss is...he is a stanley fan
134waterst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 11:02   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134waterst View Post
Derby!!?..not him ..his boss is...he is a stanley fan
Who's his boss
Old 24-11-2008, 15:16   #39
Junior Member+

Quote:
Who's his boss

at sky
134waterst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 16:07   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134waterst View Post
at sky
Still no nearer

Last edited by jaysay; 24-11-2008 at 16:07. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..