Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2011, 21:07   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington born artists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
TREVOR LINGARD

Born in the Lancashire mill town of Accrington, in 1952, Trevor lives in the picturesque village of Sabden, nestled in the historic witch country of Pendle Hill by the Ribble Valley. He is a professional artist without any formal art training, and is totally self-taught. Trevor's varied subject matter depicts nostalgic architectural and figurative scenes bordering on Romantic Impressionism. The characteristic economy of detail and the use of a limited palette awards his paintings with a sense of ambience. He is inspired by the post war English artists Edward Seago and Sir William Russel Flint, and over more recent years by the renowned artists Trevor Chamberlain, John Yardley and Ken Howard. Trevor Lingard's reputation is consolidating nationally, his paintings are exclusive, each one is unique, original and has the Distinctive Hallmark Style.

(Great painting of the Market.)

TREVOR LINGARD Biography

Trevor Lingard Painting Gallery

Artwork by Trevor Lingard

.................................................. ......

My wife has just come home from the local Art Society where Trevor was the speaker. She couldn't get in quick enough to tell me how good he was. He is a watercolourist.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2013, 11:00   #107

he was born in Burnley
roy eccles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 16:28   #108
Senior Member+

Peter Sherburne .He painted a picture for the Queen on her visit to Accrington last year
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 18:24   #109

Does anyone know of an artist,he attended Woodnook School in the 1950 I think he came over from Poland & his name was Emile Landshooter (probably incorrectly spelled ) I think it was changed to Cummins,he was a lovely artist I often wonder what happened to him,I think he worked at Howard & Bulloughs when he left school.
IRENE BAINBRIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 23:33   #110

Ben was called Ben Yates. His daughters were Sheila and Christine. Sheila went to school with me at Hippings Methodist and Accrington High School. When we started at Hippings the Yateses lived in one of the cottages adjoining the "Stop & Rest", where the pub car park is now. Then they moved to Union Road. Mr. & Mrs. Yates lived in a flat at Mallard Place in later life. I still see Sheila at my High School reunions. She lives in Penrith now.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 23:41   #111

I love the work of Terry Kirman who lived in Fielding Lane, Oswaldtwistle. He died comparatively young in his late 50s. His widow Anne still lives in Ossy, goes to Rhyddings Methodist Church, son Andrew Kirman, daughter Alison Wolstenholme. Terry painted local scenes - we have one in the lounge at St. Paul's Church, Ossy - shows our Day School in Union Road. He painted a wonderful picture of the Haworth Art Gallery building. I once saw him give a painting demo at Ossy Civic Society - he painted Jackhouse Farm - a few brush strokes and it was done! A great talent! Died far too young!
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:35   #112

Lots of artists paint from photo's it doesn't make them a bad artist,come on show us one of yours
Old 10-07-2015, 19:45   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
There is a chap called Brian Ormerod who deserves to be in the front row. He paints and does fantastic sculpture. He was employed as an artist at Joseph Arnold's and then was taken out to America. He returned home to care for his mother and worked as a chef. Now fully retired I think. Lived in India Street most of his life, now up Spring Hill way.A very modest man but fantastically talented.
Brian Ormerod is One of the finest artists I have ever encountered. Spends his time teaching and painting. Frank Sanderson
Frank Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 20:09   #114
Senior Member+

A Mr Alan Ormerod from Ossy did the illustrations in Bill Turners book "RIOT" - could he be related?
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 21:04   #115
Senior Member+

I don't think so, Atarah. I know Brian and his family - all sisters. I think Alan is the chap who has done loads of illustrations on Ossie for Ossie Mills and the Civic Society.
Old 10-07-2015, 21:07   #116
Senior Member+

I have PMd Roy Eccles, who posted on here some time ago. Have just sent it. I hope he will send me one. I need to contact him - He is the son of the Ossie chemist Emeric.
Old 07-03-2018, 20:51   #117

That's very harsh,let's see your efforts
Old 07-03-2018, 21:11   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRENE BAINBRIDGE View Post
That's very harsh,let's see your efforts
Is this aimed at me, Irene ? I cannot see why.

Since I posted about Roy Eccles, I have learned that he has died.
Old 19-12-2018, 11:59   #119

Go ahead and pop me on this list please.
I'm a Accrington based actor with professional credits in acting and casting.
Check out the trailer for my new short horror film I was featured in "ends meat" via youtube.
Thanks guys.
Michael Birtwistle.
Michael Birtwistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 20:55   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Birtwistle View Post
Go ahead and pop me on this list please.
I'm a Accrington based actor with professional credits in acting and casting.
Check out the trailer for my new short horror film I was featured in "ends meat" via youtube.
Thanks guys.
Michael Birtwistle.
I don't think that there is a master list of artists or actors, Michael Birtwistle, but thank you for adding to this thread and keeping it alive.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..