Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 13:22   #1
God Member

Job Experience/Volunteering

i went down to the joke shop yesterday...rang one employer up for a care assistants job, started talking to her and she asked me if i had had any experience in the last 6 months? my answer to this was obviously 'no' although i do have an NVQ II in care, she told me it would be pointless her sending me an application form because i wouldnt get the job anyway through lack of recent experience

it made me wonder if i actually want to do care work anymore...i've been thinking about this for a while, last week i applied for a job at outpatients at The Royal Blackurn as an auxilary

do i really want to do that though? i've also thought about retail or school work

if i do go down the retail route, other than charity shops, where can i get some experience from?

if i stay with what i know and go for care, where do i get the desired experience for that??

you'd be a bit buggered if you'd never ever worked before in your life wouldnt you

this is doing my nut in, anyone want to give me an unpaid job in retail for a couple of weeks?
Old 03-03-2009, 13:24   #2
God Member

Re: Job Experience/Volunteering

I can give ya a number for a woman that I am a volunteer mentor for Shaz.. see if she can give ya some organisations to be contacting?
Old 03-03-2009, 13:25   #3
God Member

What about gardening Flashers.? you could come and dig my allotment over for me unpaid if you fancy....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 13:26   #4
God Member

i've been registered with do-it.org for ages now Chelle, i've applied for several volunteer jobs, mentoring is no good really, i'm more into the retail bit i think, thanx anyway hun
Old 03-03-2009, 13:27   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
What about gardening Flashers.? you could come and dig my allotment over for me unpaid if you fancy....

dont get clever

lol
Old 03-03-2009, 13:28   #6
God Member

Nah it aint just that they do... mentoring is the thing I do through one of their projects

The do other stuff too
I'll pop her name and number here and see if she can come up with somet for ya

Melanie Whitehead
CVS,
21 Cannon Street,
Accrington,
BB5 1NJ
Website: Welcome to the Hyndburn and Ribble Valley CVS website

Last edited by Mick; 07-03-2009 at 08:18.
AccyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 13:29   #7
God Member

cheers cocker, i'll have a look at that in a mo
Old 03-03-2009, 13:38   #8
God Member

lol i clicked on the 'volunteer vacancies' bit and it took me to........do-it.org..... i'm going around in circles
Old 03-03-2009, 16:06   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
lol i clicked on the 'volunteer vacancies' bit and it took me to........do-it.org..... i'm going around in circles

Oh lol yeah they have a lot of info on there

Just give her a ring
She's away as of Monday tho
Old 03-03-2009, 16:32   #10
Senior Member+

cook job going in cafe in town, the one near purevision if thats any interest to you?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 16:48   #11

Quote:
i went down to the joke shop yesterday...rang one employer up for a care assistants job, started talking to her and she asked me if i had had any experience in the last 6 months? my answer to this was obviously 'no' although i do have an NVQ II in care, she told me it would be pointless her sending me an application form because i wouldnt get the job anyway through lack of recent experience

it made me wonder if i actually want to do care work anymore...i've been thinking about this for a while, last week i applied for a job at outpatients at The Royal Blackurn as an auxilary

do i really want to do that though? i've also thought about retail or school work

if i do go down the retail route, other than charity shops, where can i get some experience from?

if i stay with what i know and go for care, where do i get the desired experience for that??

you'd be a bit buggered if you'd never ever worked before in your life wouldnt you

this is doing my nut in, anyone want to give me an unpaid job in retail for a couple of weeks?
Just thought this was worth a mention, you say you have an NVQ in care at level 2 you could join NHS professionals on the their bank system and work as many hours as you wish plenty of work offered, until you get the job your looking for, not bad rates of pay their are other agencies too i know offering between 8-10 pounds per hour basic, better rates at weekends nights and bank holidays.
Its a way to see if you like this type of work, holiday pay too included i think you start with 6 or 7 weeks holiday pay.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 17:41   #12
God Member

thanx for that TD but i cant do nights or weekends, i have a 12 year old son who would be home on his own all the time if i did that, i'm am constantly looking on the NHS website for jobs as i live quite close to The Royal Blackburn hospital
Old 03-03-2009, 18:05   #13

Quote:
thanx for that TD but i cant do nights or weekends, i have a 12 year old son who would be home on his own all the time if i did that, i'm am constantly looking on the NHS website for jobs as i live quite close to The Royal Blackburn hospital
Their are plenty of shifts that are for people like yourself with young children like just working the times when hes at school, a lot of vacancies in the NHS are on a website thats you can only use when you are an employee but if you telephone human resources they can supply you with all the current vacancies. They also have policies on improving working lives, family friendly policies for people with children so you can work around those issues if you need too.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 18:39   #14
God Member

I know the Sense shop in Accrington are always looking for volunteers Flashy, oh sorry - just seen that you said apart from charity shops - although it could be a start. They also have a part-time paid job going at the moment if you're interested.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 18:40   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
cook job going in cafe in town, the one near purevision if thats any interest to you?

youd have to give us the name of the caff so we can give it a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide berth
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..