Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2005, 15:54   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Clayton End Roof

Ultras need a roof to make the noise muchos muchos louder!!!!!!!

Maybe if we ain't got the cash the Ultras can start a raise the roof campaign....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2005, 16:22   #17
Senior Member+

And so it came to pass that god said you will build a new and better life for yourselves and I will pick a leader that will take you forward, he will be of good character and have played a bit of footy in his time, he shall be called Eric (because Moses is already taken). He will lead you to pastures new like the conference and eventually you will reach the promised land of Full League status as it is written. He will need helpers who shall pick because of their footy backgrounds and one has the same initials as my boy JC, now be off and get on with it as I am busy sorting out Barrow and turning it in to a place people want to go to and I can only do so many miracles and this is a toughie.

So it came to pass (again) that Eric had to have words with the big man, this time because some of the followers were not the happiest because of rumor and gossip.

“I have come to have a quick word”

“Ok” says the big guy “what can I do for you?”

“Well it seems that the reason we didn’t get promoted is that we didn’t have a roof on the Clayton End and the followers asked me to have a word and see if you could do a little miracle and put a roof on”.

“Well I know its been a few years and your progressing well but I am still working on making Barrow a place that people want to live in and after that I had hoped to make Morecambe a town people want to visit and not throw up in, so as you can see I have two of the biggest jobs ever”.

“That’s true, but what shell I tell the followers”?

“Ok tell them when Barrow is habitable and Morecambe are not the laughing stock of Lancashire I will put on a nice new Red Roof”.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o =""></o>

Last edited by Bazf; 25-05-2005 at 16:23.
Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:40   #18

Well said; I am beginning to feel quite strongly about it. Nobody should have to stand in the pouring rain for 2 hours.
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 22:10   #19

Well the first bit about Barrow seems to be credible but the Morecambe bit seems to lend credence to Kipax & his bet! Still confused Willie?
Old 26-05-2005, 00:34   #20
I am Banned

I'm particularly attracted to Loweiy's projected date in June.

This very much ties in with what ASFC Director Frank Martindale told the Supporters' Club at our Meeting on Monday April 11th 2005.

If you really want to know what's happening at Accrington Stanley, and to know about it before everyone else, join the Official Accrington Stanley Supporters' Club.

You'll find us at www.stanleysupporters.co.uk
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 07:37   #21
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, some of us can't get to supporters club meetings for various reasons - work, distance etc. So, could somebody please tell us what Frank said?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 08:28   #22
God Member

Frank said work would start in June... ie next month

Loweiy bets June next year

Henry Morton shoots himself and the supporters club in the foot yet again
Old 26-05-2005, 11:44   #23

I aggree, supporters should not have to stand in the rain for 2 hours.
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 11:47   #24

Don't get on here much, but off today so I'll leave a comment on the roof or two, ie both ends need a roof, but if the Clayton End can be ready for next season thats great.

Can someone tell me, if Stanley had got into the play offs and won, could they have gone into the football league with the ground as it is now? I would be very surprised.

I've been on about ten or twelve conference grounds and I'm sorry to say they were all much better than ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX

Blackburn Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 12:05   #25
God Member

Yes the ground has been passed as ok for league.. has been for quite some time.. before we got in conference.

Also new stand on other side of pitch (cowshed) when we get promoted

I ahve been on all conference grounds and yes 90% are better than ours... BUT over half of ours is covered so no one has to stand in the rain.
Old 26-05-2005, 13:40   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton
I'm particularly attracted to Loweiy's projected date in June.

This very much ties in with what ASFC Director Frank Martindale told the Supporters' Club at our Meeting on Monday April 11th 2005.

If you really want to know what's happening at Accrington Stanley, and to know about it before everyone else, join the Official Accrington Stanley Supporters' Club.

You'll find us at www.stanleysupporters.co.uk
Just got a quick message from God........... won't have finished Barrow by June 2100 or Morecambe so if Eric can pull it off by june 06 then he can have my job. (smiley from big g)

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 13:57   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX

OK , so I misread Loweiy's proposed date.

The fact remains that a Director of ASFC told us June 2005, and to me that's better than any amount of rumour and tittle-tattle.

And why is it necessary to make an unpleasant remark about me shooting the Supporters' Club in the foot ?

I've been criticised for NOT telling all and sundry what was said at Meetings ; now I'm getting flak for giving out some info.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 14:03   #28
God Member

Well we are one week off June... You stick with that one then... Can't see many other people going for next week as the answer though
Old 26-05-2005, 14:06   #29
Super Moderator

Sorry, Henry I wasn't criticizing you for not telling us - I was just genuinely interested to know what Frank said. Apologies if it read that way.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 14:11   #30
God Member

Glad to see someone (Rob & Kipax) get the bet joke. I thought I might put up a tenner, ha ha

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..