Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 17:48   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Tretton signs for Stanley

Quote:
who are? i have lost it
Are you serious??? READ!!

We'll match Hereford for everything this coming season, everything bar numbers of following......and that can be improved at our end.

Andy Tretton certainly looks in the potential to be a very very good signing by the club. He will offer very stiff competition to Flynny and Rocky. The Hereford fans on their forum seem generally gutted about losing 'Tretts' and they all seem to be bemused that he's joining a mid-table club.....which is true but we wont be this season.

Overall a very decent signing by Coley still got plenty of year left in him at 28, could prove to be a long term replacement for Flynny??

Last edited by Smiffy16; 03-06-2005 at 17:51.
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2005, 17:56   #17

thankyou i needed that lol
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 18:00   #18
God Member

ASFC have been improving EVERY season for the last what..6 ? and are on the way up.. hereford have come down the league..

So adam and your new mate fearon.. just exactly how are hereford a bigger club?
Old 03-06-2005, 18:03   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16

We'll match Hereford for everything this coming season, everything bar numbers of following......and that can be improved at our end.

Andy Tretton certainly looks in the potential to be a very very good signing by the club. He will offer very stiff competition to Flynny and Rocky. The Hereford fans on their forum seem generally gutted about losing 'Tretts' and they all seem to be bemused that he's joining a mid-table club.....which is true but we wont be this season.
lets not get too carried away. Lee Mac will be very hard to replace. Yes Tretton is an excellent signing but Coley still has work to do to make Stanley contenders next season. There is excellent foundations but all this talk of Stanley being world beaters next season is way off the mark at the moment. You have to put things into perspective.

Hereford are a bigger side in almost every way you look at it. That is not opinion it is pure fact.
Old 03-06-2005, 18:07   #20
Senior Member+

Just because they finished 2nd doesn't mean they are a 'bigger' club. Yes they have finished in very respectable positions in the past 2 seasons but at the end of the day they are in the same league as us, weve been there 2 seasons and I dont know how long they have been here for, we can only improve (this season will show) and Hereford have had enough time in this league to 'improve' and adapt to Conference standards, level etc.

The only way you can call them a 'bigger' club is if you look at their fanbase, they do have more than us yes, and another is the capacity of their stadium, IMO i would choose the IES over Edgar Street any day, and I'm sure supporters who have visited Edgar Street and the IES would choose ours....
Old 03-06-2005, 18:11   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
lets not get too carried away. Lee Mac will be very hard to replace.
Hasn't gone yet mate, we'll worry about that if it happens.....

How many points did Hereford take off us this season someone remind me?

What league are Hereford in this coming season someone remind me?

You know as well as I do Cottier that we have the potential to be a very very good side this season, with 2 full season of the Conference behind us I feel we can only improve and I feel that we will improve a lot this season due to 'experience' didnt say we was going to be world beaters just that we'll dramatically improve this coming season.
Old 03-06-2005, 18:11   #22
God Member

adam forget stanley.. you have slagged them off enough for one day..

hereford.. why are you saying they are a bigger club... your only answer so far is because its fact ? whats fact?.. why is a club on its way down the leagues a bigger club than one on its way up.. why is hereford bigger.. either explain yourself or stop putting stanley down by saying we are smaller than a team in a poor state..
Old 03-06-2005, 18:13   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
adam forget stanley.. you have slagged them off enough for one day..

hereford.. why are you saying they are a bigger club... your only answer so far is because its fact ? whats fact?.. why is a club on its way down the leagues a bigger club than one on its way up.. why is hereford bigger.. either explain yourself or stop putting stanley down by saying we are smaller than a team in a poor state..
are you thick? someone back me up here and how exactly am I slagging off Stanley? when exactly did I ever say Stanley were in a poor state.

In the same way that Chelsea are a bigger team than Accrington Stanley.....

Herford have...

...more money
...more fans
...a bigger ground
...a bigger income
...more season ticket sales
...more staff
...its a bigger town
...they are ex-league
...they finished 8 places above Stanley last 2 seasons

These are the facts and don't slag me off because I am not fond of Hereford at all.

Last edited by Adam Cottier; 03-06-2005 at 18:17.
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 18:19   #24
God Member

your the one saying stanley is a smaller club than hereford and how we aint gonna do much next eason... i aint the one spouting how hereford is such a big club then NOT backing it up
Old 03-06-2005, 18:19   #25
God Member

ooer then he edits his post
Old 03-06-2005, 18:20   #26

I have not said that at all. You would make an excellent tabloid journalist, Twisting peoples words.
Old 03-06-2005, 18:21   #27
God Member

hereford are ex league... they are coming DOWNWARDS over the last 6 seasons while stanley are going UPWARDS

you can tell us all how great they are all you want.. but i would rather be a stanley fan than a hereford fan nexts eason.. even there players choose stanley over them..

but heres adam cottier telling us all how we are going to do nothing next season and how big hereford is...
Old 03-06-2005, 18:23   #28

You asked me to back my points up so I did. How exactlly are Hereford going downwards?
Old 03-06-2005, 18:28   #29
Senior Member+

Just because someone says they are a bigger club it doesnt mean we are saying they are a "better" club in terms of team.......
Look at Sheffield Wednesday last season, they are a miles bigger club than Crewe but yet where in a league lower than them.

More money, more fans, bigger stadium, bigger town etc etc. it doesnt mean that Stanley are not as god as Hereford it is just saying that we are a smaller club than them, which we are
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 18:29   #30
God Member

Quote:
How exactlly are Hereford going downwards?
we have come up through the leagues to the conference..

Hereford got here from the league..

find an adult nearby and ask them to explain it to you

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..