Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2005, 21:52   #1

Get in theeere!!

Guess who was back on the Stanerlee again tonight??

Ohhh, how did you know, did you see me??

Superb entertainment again and some lovely football on display.

Jags was awesome, like a man posessed, he was everywhere. Craney was superb as well, showed some lovely touches and Gazza Roberts was a danger throughout.

Mully, Brown, Antnee all excellent as well, ****** me they all played well!!

Special praise reserved though, and im absolutely delighted for the lad, Robbie Williams. A superb solid display from the lad tonight, absolutely faultless throughout and it was nice to see his colleagues and his manager showing their appreciation. Lets hope he kicks on from here and we hear no more of the nonsense badgering he's been getting, well in Rocky lad!!

Little sideline, did anyone recognise Shots centre half number 4?? I remembered him from playing for Rochdale against us in a friendly a couple of seasons back and he had a bit of a ruck with Smithy near the end. Greg heald is his name, he must be the narkiest horrible get in football him, he was givin it the rabbit all night. 3-2 greg, I hope yer reading soft lad!!

Boco looks like he could assume the mantle of the new 'little genius' methinks and super Andy mangan IS the non league Pippo Inzaghi.

Lets see if you got me on any pictures this time kippa, you let me down at the weekend. I know you dont want people thinking you only take pictures of the 'pretty' folk but to exclude me completely looks shady!!

Peace out.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2005, 21:56   #2
I am Banned

Re: Get in theeere!!

you will never beat fcum!
Bezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 21:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezz
you will never beat fcum!
thats cos they wont make the conference, they'll all be giving in and buying their big foam hands and baseball caps soon!!!

USA,USA,USA
Old 20-09-2005, 22:04   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staveros
thats cos they wont make the conference, they'll all be giving in and buying their big foam hands and baseball caps soon!!!

USA,USA,USA
erm why you chanting USA to me do i look like a Manchester United fan dick head...FC FCU FCUM OK......Accrington Stanley who are they? Simon Cardon knows we are going places.

btw whats your average attendance, bet its not 2500.
Old 20-09-2005, 22:12   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezz
erm why you chanting USA to me do i look like a Manchester United fan dick head...FC FCU FCUM OK......Accrington Stanley who are they? Simon Cardon knows we are going places.

btw whats your average attendance, bet its not 2500.
And if, ya know
Yer history
Its enough to make yer heart go woaaahhhhhhhh

errr hold on, you dont have any history do you??

Are you still being managed by that fruit and veg salesman??
Old 20-09-2005, 22:21   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
And if, ya know
Yer history
Its enough to make yer heart go woaaahhhhhhhh

errr hold on, you dont have any history do you??

Are you still being managed by that fruit and veg salesman??
yeah im in his fruit and veg army. fc fcu fcum ok.

we are romping the league so far.

THE TREBLE IS ON

RED REVOULUTION
Old 20-09-2005, 23:04   #7

Talking Re: Get in theeere!!

You arse - why dont you FCUK off and go on your own forum?? Or do you not have one?? Or is it the fact you have no-one else in that league to talk to on the internet?? Why choose ours??

Anyway - onto more serious non league matters. Bloody brilliant result!!! Cheered like a man possessed in the pub as I was watchin all the other results happenin too!! 1 point off top! THANK YOU STEVENAGE!!! Burton and Cambridge - thanks for nowt...

I am praying for 3 points off Dagenham now - Ive got ALL my fingers n toes crossed...

Glad to hear we played well and also glad to see Staveros eating his words too... honestly - how many did you expect to be on Accy when there was an England game on the same day and we moved to an earlier kick off?? Scaremongery is a great tactic... Rock thread starter my backside...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 20-09-2005 at 23:05.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 23:12   #8

Why is an Evrton fan having a pop at an FCUM fan? Is this do with FCUM still having a premiership metality or what? Anyway, onto more important things, good 3 points, good display from Jase and a good vocal support from the boys!!

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 23:25   #9
Full Member+

TBH Jimbo, I disagree with Staveros and think we were as poor as we have been all season tonight.

We had 10 minutes at the start of each half when we passed the ball around really well and carved open their defence time and again. In those periods, we were awesome. We really struggled for the rest of the game and it was largely a result of their woeful defence that we created chances. A lot of the time it was a long, desparate punt from defence and we only looked effective in the first half when Roberts got the ball, apart the first ten minutes. When Boco and Mangan came on they created chances in the second half as well as Roberts and we could have easily scored six or seven without playing well. They were so poor at the back.

But apart from that, you would never have guessed which team had a 3-1 lead and a one-man advantage for the last half-hour! We sat back and rested on our laurels and almost paid for it. They scored a flukey goal to make it 3-2 and it took a superb save from Randolph to deny them an equaliser in the last ten minutes.

Jaggers, Mullin, Brown and Roberts played very well in my opinion and Richardson did a very job at left-back until injured in the second half. Beyond that, it was poor. They completely overran our central midfield of Barry and Craney for most of the game and especially during the first half and that caused a sorts of problems for Rocky and Flynn. I don't know whether Cav thought that he had to act as a third central defender to plug the holes or not, but he was giving their left-winger at least 20 yards of space every time. It allow them time to get their ball to him, for him to control it and then run at Cav before being put under pressure. They really should have scored three or four times in the first half.

Rocky did make a brilliant tackle in the second half and showed some trickery before hoofing it up the field, but otherwise it was Rocky as usual. But I will say that the lack of a front line in front of him and Flynn made their jobs extremely difficult tonight.

It's great when you can still pick up three points when we don't play well and for that we have the Shots to thank. It was a very long way from Saturday's performance. I'm certain we'll be back to a five-man midfield away on Saturday!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2005, 23:33   #10
Full Member+

For the neutral, I'm sure it was a very entertaining game. When we play two up front at home, we will always look like scoring goals at some point during the game. But we will always look like conceding goals at some during the same as well.

I can across the following betting analysis of tonight's matchup this afternoon ...

Trends favouring over 2.5 goals: 28
Trends favouring under 2.5 goals: NONE!

http://www.prematches.com/index.php?...atch_id=140376

At least the money I won helped me through those nerve-wracking last 30 minutes!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 00:43   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red
TBH Jimbo, I disagree with Staveros and think we were as poor as we have been all season tonight.

We had 10 minutes at the start of each half when we passed the ball around really well and carved open their defence time and again. In those periods, we were awesome. We really struggled for the rest of the game and it was largely a result of their woeful defence that we created chances. A lot of the time it was a long, desparate punt from defence and we only looked effective in the first half when Roberts got the ball, apart the first ten minutes. When Boco and Mangan came on they created chances in the second half as well as Roberts and we could have easily scored six or seven without playing well. They were so poor at the back.

But apart from that, you would never have guessed which team had a 3-1 lead and a one-man advantage for the last half-hour! We sat back and rested on our laurels and almost paid for it. They scored a flukey goal to make it 3-2 and it took a superb save from Randolph to deny them an equaliser in the last ten minutes.

Jaggers, Mullin, Brown and Roberts played very well in my opinion and Richardson did a very job at left-back until injured in the second half. Beyond that, it was poor. They completely overran our central midfield of Barry and Craney for most of the game and especially during the first half and that caused a sorts of problems for Rocky and Flynn. I don't know whether Cav thought that he had to act as a third central defender to plug the holes or not, but he was giving their left-winger at least 20 yards of space every time. It allow them time to get their ball to him, for him to control it and then run at Cav before being put under pressure. They really should have scored three or four times in the first half.

Rocky did make a brilliant tackle in the second half and showed some trickery before hoofing it up the field, but otherwise it was Rocky as usual. But I will say that the lack of a front line in front of him and Flynn made their jobs extremely difficult tonight.

It's great when you can still pick up three points when we don't play well and for that we have the Shots to thank. It was a very long way from Saturday's performance. I'm certain we'll be back to a five-man midfield away on Saturday!
They weren't great but they got the result and thats what matters.

It was odd though because I stand by my player evaluations. There were a lot of good individuals just wasnt that cohesion overall.

They werent a bad side IMO and that goal from sills was a diffrent gravy.
Old 21-09-2005, 00:47   #12

Quote Staveros"It was odd though because I stand by my player evaluations. There were a lot of good individuals just wasnt that cohesion overall."

no cohesion? eh?

How did those 3 goals come about then?
Old 21-09-2005, 09:14   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
Quote Staveros"It was odd though because I stand by my player evaluations. There were a lot of good individuals just wasnt that cohesion overall."

no cohesion? eh?

How did those 3 goals come about then?
Errrr, 3 chances put away, not rocket science is it??

Its the conference not the Premiership, you dont need tp work THAT hard to get goals.

I was just agreeing with Whalley that it wasn't the greatest ever overall, it was a bit scrappy in parts BUT there were some good moments as well.

Stop being a pedantic ar5se bandit.
Old 21-09-2005, 09:47   #14
God Member

Quote:
Its the conference not the Premiership, you dont need tp work THAT hard to get goals.
Sorry i just wanted to quote that then it couldn't be deleted later.. Its a class statement after all
Old 21-09-2005, 09:48   #15
God Member

Great result last night lads, as usual a cracking match against the Shots. Most of the lads gave it their all, Jags was brilliant, Mully must've been black n blue after the mauling he got (yet again!), and subs Mango & Boco lifted the game when they came on. Just one thing puzzled me, why the hell Barry was left on in midfield - OK he can get the ball but his distribution was diabolical and to take Jags off and leave him on defied belief. And then to cap that when Richardson was hurt, I would've thought the solution was to put Welshy in the middle, switch Cav to left back & Rocky to right back but no - Coleman decides to drop Barry to left back - puzzling to say the least!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..