Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2005, 12:35   #1

Come On Stanley

Guys,

Sad I couldn't be there yesterday. Sounded like another victory that typified exactly how well they are playing as a team at the moment. It's amazing to think what might be around the corner.

I would appreciate it if any of you could give me a detailed report on the game, player ratings etc. When you look at the team that won, it looks like Coley can assemble three or four different starting elevens and be confident in them winning. Good to see Chrissy Butler back in the side too.

Anyway, can't wait for Morecambe. Absolutely massive game for both sides. How the hell do you seperate a side that has won five on the bounce from one that has scored eight goals in two games. I sense a moment of magic from el Boco may be the difference!!!

Hopefully a bumber 2,000 plus crowd as well and plenty from Accy.

Finally, Rob et al, does anyone know the record winning streak for Stanley in its history?

Adam
Old 25-09-2005, 13:03   #2
rob

Re: Come On Stanley

i thought you journalists were the stat people?
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 13:08   #3
Junior Member+

Maybe Dan Jewell could help you out there Mr Burnley fan

2br 2br 2br 2br
baldweena87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 13:17   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
i thought you journalists were the stat people?
we have to do research. this is mine!!

AND I AM NOT A DINGLE BALDY
Old 25-09-2005, 14:03   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldweena87
Maybe Dan Jewell could help you out there Mr Burnley fan

2br 2br 2br 2br
Oooo now that must have hurt adam!!! adam a dingle fan, ha ha ha although I'm sure you enjoyed your visit to dingle land yesterday!! Rather you than me

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 15:11   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Oooo now that must have hurt adam!!! adam a dingle fan, ha ha ha although I'm sure you enjoyed your visit to dingle land yesterday!! Rather you than me
If you hear the post-match comments from SC you will see I did enjoy myself. Was good game to be fair. From a un-biased point of view I thought Burnley played pretty well, just had a good goalkeeper against them.

Last edited by Adam Cottier; 26-09-2005 at 11:56.
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 20:46   #7
God Member

Record winning streak has to be the Unibond Premier start of nine on the bounce, spoilt by dodgy referee giving an equalising penalty to Emley deep into injury time.
Old 26-09-2005, 07:12   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
Record winning streak has to be the Unibond Premier start of nine on the bounce, spoilt by dodgy referee giving an equalising penalty to Emley deep into injury time.
...and we can add a 3-1 home win against Marine at the end of the previous season to make it 10 league wins on the trot.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 10:25   #9

Unhappy Re: Come On Stanley

Judging by the comments Adam Cottier's view of the Burnely manager has prompted on the Clarets Mad website and the fact that the club and BBC are apparently aware of them, he may soon be an ordinary Joe like the rest of us.

Bridge too far this time pal? You can't be that rude in public, no matter what your opinions!
SimonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 14:44   #10
Senior Member+

They seem a bit mad

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fm...mid=2138894697

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 14:54   #11
Senior Member+

Ha ha "JackintheBox!" wrote of Adam

Not as a member of the Stanley boards but as a Stanley follower and Burnley fan please don't think this is anything to do with Stanley. I have read his comments on the stanley boards and the guy is an Arse, in fact I think my dog knows more about football then this prick, but like all teams you always have a few like him and hopefully when he gets the sack he will take a job with knitting circle weekly or something more in his knowledge area. I would also like to point out that he's from Garstang, not Accy,he's also a Rovers supporter and from what I also read on the message boards the way he interacts with the ladies he could well be a closet homo.
So there you have it, Teenager,Homo,Rovers Fan,Village Idiot no wonder he works for Radio Lancashire.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 15:22   #12
God Member

Well I posted to the thread... Adam is an arse on here... But anyone who has met him knows he is a very happy chappy and he is making his way in the world and seems to be working hard at it... he has made a boo boo but shouldn't be hung out to dry for it... I would rather be associated with Adam than some of the no hopers and dead losses of his age... Give him some support... he messed up.. he will learn ...
Old 26-09-2005, 16:24   #13

i've lost my job becuase of this. Can't tell you how sorry I am. Gonna miss Stanley. I would like to know who transfered it to claretsmad. it was a totally juvenile and petulant comment but I was going to delete it.

At least have the decency to tell me who you are 'claretitis.'

Last edited by Adam Cottier; 26-09-2005 at 16:28.
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 16:34   #14
God Member

sorry to hear about that cotty, but good luck in the future hope you get another job soon, as i thought you had a very positive effect on stanley through the airwaves

Good luck in the future!

Last edited by John_Timmins; 26-09-2005 at 16:38.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 16:35   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
i've lost my job becuase of this. Can't tell you how sorry I am. Gonna miss Stanley. I would like to know who transfered it to claretsmad. it was a totally juvenile and petulant comment but I was going to delete it.

At least have the decency to tell me who you are 'claretitis.'
Jesus man sorry, you can still come & see us though fella! We Love you Adam!

In all honesty, did you think you could get away with calling Cotterill a cnut & being the local Radio Lancashire reporter!!!!!!!

Still mate, would be nice to have you on the terrace as a fan!

All the Best from the Ultras!

Jase

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..