Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2005, 16:45   #16

Re: Come On Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
i've lost my job becuase of this. Can't tell you how sorry I am. Gonna miss Stanley. I would like to know who transfered it to claretsmad. it was a totally juvenile and petulant comment but I was going to delete it.

At least have the decency to tell me who you are 'claretitis.'
Hard lines lad, I agree it was a bit petty of whoever did it.

On the flip side though it will teach you a valuable lesson.

I did think myself when I read your comments that you were running the risk of upsetting people.

Despite what you 'really think' someone in your line of work needs to have the maturity and good sense to realise that impartiality and professionalism are a must at all times.

Thought of the day:

Loose lips sink ships
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2005, 16:47   #17
Senior Member+

unlucky mate. You can still come on and lend us your vocal support..very very petty whoever transferred it.

zayn

Last edited by zayno14; 26-09-2005 at 16:53.
zayno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 17:32   #18

This is what claritis put. Clearly an accyweb member and obviously desperate to see me sacked.

Claretitis:::"This guy is always making a fool of himself because he doesn't seem to have the ability to commentate from the sidelines and keep his opinions (many of them quite stupid) to himself. It's about time he was a former journalist!""

I know I made a mistake put please realise i'm only young. Everyone makes mistakes. I love Stanley and you've taken that, and my career away from me. My mum isn't well at the moment so I thank you for making my life a whole lot easier family by seeking my downfall.

Football is my life. you've taken it from me,

thanks
Old 26-09-2005, 18:10   #19

Quote:
This is what claritis put. Clearly an accyweb member and obviously desperate to see me sacked.

Claretitis:::"This guy is always making a fool of himself because he doesn't seem to have the ability to commentate from the sidelines and keep his opinions (many of them quite stupid) to himself. It's about time he was a former journalist!""

I know I made a mistake put please realise i'm only young. Everyone makes mistakes. I love Stanley and you've taken that, and my career away from me. My mum isn't well at the moment so I thank you for making my life a whole lot easier family by seeking my downfall.

Football is my life. you've taken it from me,

thanks
Go and see yer boss tomorrow and tell him how sorry you are, you never know.

Dont lay it on too thick though mate, like you have done here, you must remember at the end of the day you have ultimately only got yourself to blame.

It was a daft comment to make, you must see that now??

Stop feeling too sorry for yourself and explain that you realise it was a naieve and ill advised thing to say and they might just give you another chance.

Even if they dont mate, learn from it.

There are a lot of pr1cks around in this world who take pleasure in pulling people down to their level as opposed to aspiring to better themselves. You need to accept that as a fact and learn how to deal with them.

Whilst I agree that this 'claritis' character is a real arse and needs to get a life you must realise your part in this and learn from it. Try to take the positive out of a really bad situation.

Good luck anyway
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 20:21   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
i've lost my job becuase of this. Can't tell you how sorry I am. Gonna miss Stanley. I would like to know who transfered it to claretsmad. it was a totally juvenile and petulant comment but I was going to delete it.

At least have the decency to tell me who you are 'claretitis.'
I'm sorry that it's come to this. Yes it was juvenile and yes it was petulant but we've welcomed your recent posts about Stanley's curent team and results - and the odd match report. Please follow Staveros's suggestion and see what happens. If all else fails, there'll soon be a roof on the Clayton End and you'll be more than welcome to join us under it.

Last edited by MikeA; 26-09-2005 at 20:22.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 22:53   #21
God Member

Sorry to hear Adam, do feel slightly responsible as it was my post that led you to make your comment and when I read your response cringed and thought you had gone over the top and if you had been online at the time I would have told you on msn to delete it. So please do come back to stanley even if it is only with us mere fans and not mr journo man

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 07:03   #22
Super Moderator

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Ok, it was a serious professional misjudgement, but I would've thought Radio Lancs could have given you a severe dressing-down and left it at that, Adam.

As for Claretitis, I hope you're feeling proud of yourself today, mate. And I just hope that if you ever make a serious mistake in your job, your employers don't judge you as harshly.
Old 27-09-2005, 14:12   #23
Senior Member+

too be honest I think radio lancs has a part in this, in the sense that they sent adam a very open rovers fan to comentate on a burnley game and interview cotterill afterwards who is a notoriously dificult person to work with.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 07:27   #24

What a shame that some Burnley fans felt the need to go to the BBC about your comments.

Just a message to let you know that not all of us are happy about their need to ensure you were sacked.

These are the kind of people who would turn you in for swearing on the match.

Pathetic.

Good luck for the future Adam.

If we ever bump into each other, I'll buy you a pint.

BL - BFC

Last edited by BurnleyLad; 29-09-2005 at 07:32.
BurnleyLad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..