Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2005, 22:56   #1
Full Member+

A Message For Adam Cottier

4-0 your having a laugh.

In the words of the famous Norwegian commentator :-

"Accrington Stanley your boys took a hell of a beating.

David Lloyd , Eric Whalley, Graham Fowler, Hollands Pies (cant think of any more famous Accringtonians) your boys took a hell of a beating out there !! "
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2005, 22:58   #2
God Member

Re: A Message For Adam Cottier

You won by one goal and played 10 men for 90 minutes... How on earth is that taking a hell of a beating... Are you a bit thick ?
Old 27-09-2005, 23:03   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red
4-0 your having a laugh.

In the words of the famous Norwegian commentator :-

"Accrington Stanley your boys took a hell of a beating.

David Lloyd , Eric Whalley, Graham Fowler, Hollands Pies (cant think of any more famous Accringtonians) your boys took a hell of a beating out there !! "
I thats your idea of giving someone 'a hell of a beating' im glad I dont watch my football at your gaff every week.

It was turd mate.

We played you off the park with 10 men for large parts of the game, you just got the goals.

And...the Norwegian never said anything about Accrington Stanley, it was England and Maggie Thatcher. I think maybe you have your wires crossed.

Perhaps the fumes from your 17" big bore Nova SR Exhaust have gone to your head or maybe it was the power station you were born next to??

Jog on knuckle dragger.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 23:07   #4
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
You won by one goal and played 10 men for 90 minutes... How on earth is that taking a hell of a beating... Are you a bit thick ?
it really could have been 8 or 9.

First half Wayne Curtis would normally have smashed that shot in and Twissy scuffed a right foot shot that was nailed on.

Your problem Kipax is that there was one team out there playing passing football and the other team was niggling and fouling cynically. And how Coley was allowed to bend the referees ear on the pitch without being ordered to the stand was amazing.

The first Accrington goal came from a free kick given the wrong way and even Coley said he didnt know why the penalty was given !!
Old 27-09-2005, 23:11   #5
God Member

Why is it my problem ?

FACT.. You won by one goal only.
FACT.. You played against 10 men for 90 minutes
FACT.. You are now telling us it was a hell of a beating?

DUH!

We got beat.. fair enough.. but your so insecure you ahve to come in here trying to convince yourself that you won well.... but you didn't.. you just about beat a 10 man team on your own turf.. I would say thats a bit of a worry for your lot isn't it?
Old 27-09-2005, 23:12   #6

why you picking on me?

If you want to pick on me go to clarets-mad/ the loonie bin where they delight in seeing people suffer.
Old 27-09-2005, 23:19   #7
Full Member+

Quote:
Why is it my problem ?

FACT.. You won by one goal only.
FACT.. You played against 10 men for 90 minutes
FACT.. You are now telling us it was a hell of a beating?

DUH!

We got beat.. fair enough.. but your so insecure you ahve to come in here trying to convince yourself that you won well.... but you didn't.. you just about beat a 10 man team on your own turf.. I would say thats a bit of a worry for your lot isn't it?
is humour dead in Accrington.

The bit about the hell of a beating was a joke.

I thought it was a very entertaining game. Accrington played well and quite often a team with 10 men is harder to beat.

I did think we ( Morecambe) deserved the 3 points on the night.
Old 27-09-2005, 23:20   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
why you picking on me?

If you want to pick on me go to clarets-mad/ the loonie bin where they delight in seeing people suffer.
how are you bearing up old boy?? have you tried having a word with the pwers that be or what??
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 06:34   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red
Your problem Kipax is that there was one team out there playing passing football and the other team was niggling and fouling cynically.
I'm not going to argue with you mate on an internet forum, but I hope by the above sentence you are talking about Accrington Stanley.

In the first half we played the ball on the floor and in to feet. The only team constantly fouling was Morecambe and why Kelly wasn't given a red card for his constant fouling, including a two footed challenge on Brown, is beyond me. The final foul count of Morecambe 23 Accrington Stanley 15 shows who was the niggling, fouling team. And that's against 10 men!!!

It wasn't until the final quarter of the game, when the Stanley team were tiring, that Morecambe started to pass the ball on the floor. I was actually surprised by the overall lack of quality in the play of Morecambe. Has Harvey done all he can? Ten years is a lot of time without much to show for it.
Old 28-09-2005, 08:53   #10
God Member

How many years have you been in this league and now your estatic to beat stanley.....oh well forever may your dominance of this league continue hahahahaha
Old 28-09-2005, 09:37   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
I'm not going to argue with you mate on an internet forum, but I hope by the above sentence you are talking about Accrington Stanley.

In the first half we played the ball on the floor and in to feet. The only team constantly fouling was Morecambe and why Kelly wasn't given a red card for his constant fouling, including a two footed challenge on Brown, is beyond me. The final foul count of Morecambe 23 Accrington Stanley 15 shows who was the niggling, fouling team. And that's against 10 men!!!

It wasn't until the final quarter of the game, when the Stanley team were tiring, that Morecambe started to pass the ball on the floor. I was actually surprised by the overall lack of quality in the play of Morecambe. Has Harvey done all he can? Ten years is a lot of time without much to show for it.
I would disagree, theres plenty to show for his 10 years.
When he took over we were in the Northern Premier league , usually in the top 5 or 6 but not making it. The crowds were around 300. The north stand was an open crumbling terrace from the 1950's. The team had not made the 3rd round of the FA cup since 1962 (significant date eh!!) Sure we had been to Wembley and won in the 1970's.
Since Jim Harvey took over we have been runners up in the Conference and have been in every postition in the top 7 except 1st which will be rectified this season.
The new North stand has gone up to make the ground suitable for league football. We have played a premiership team (Ipswich) at Christie Park and made the 3rd round of the FA cup twice in the last 4 years. We have won a national cup competition in 1998. Our average crowd this season is 1,727 where as Accrington are averaging 1,153. Top players want to sign for us, such as Michael Twiss the best player not currently playing league football and 2 Stanley players (McEvelly and Craney) wanted to sign for Morecambe in the summer but our wage budget was full.
I hope this answers your point about 10 years and not much to show for it.
Old 28-09-2005, 10:13   #12

After reading your comments it would seem you have had all this delight waiting to burst out from last seasons beatings by us. I beleave we made a few mistakes last night and your one man team capatalised on that. It required carlton to have one set up on a plate for him to score I thought he was going to miss that aswell. We havn't seen twiss play well before but last night he was the difference and it was a very small difference considering we had 10 men all that time. Kelly should have followed Butler but the Ref botttled it. We will take that on the chin and see you at the IES.
flying red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 15:46   #13
Senior Member+

how can they say we were cynical! How was that kelly not sent off?!! Foul after foul breaking our attacking up
Old 28-09-2005, 16:09   #14

The only team constantly fouling was Morecambe The final foul count of Morecambe 23 Accrington Stanley 15 shows who was the niggling, fouling team.

Those stats only record the decisions given by the referee based on HIS interpretation of the incidents which, to my eye, were flawed throughout.
I don't think either side fouled over-much. Kelly went in hard on the one you're on about, but similarly one of your lads could have had a red in the second half when he went in from behind and cut our lad off at the knees.
But, as I say, it wasn't a nasty game at all. And I agree - I thought for the first 25 minutes or so you played some excellent passing football - it looked like we had the ten men in that period.
I reckon we did what we should have been doing all game when it came to the second half with Kelly pulling the strings. A better Accy performance, footballing wise than I've seen for many years.
I still think we've got more match-winners than you but if you keep up that kind of display we should both be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.
shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 16:12   #15
Junior Member+

Quote:
your so insecure you ahve to come in here trying to convince yourself that you won well
Like all the Accy fans did on Shrimpsvoices last season?
mfcforeva is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..