Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2006, 18:47   #106
God Member

Re: blackburn game

i wont be expecting anything special from the new bar afterall it has only been installed today,

rome wasn't built in a day
Old 18-07-2006, 18:55   #107
Member.

If it got beer warm or cold thats all that matters I suppose. Anyone metting up for a pre match drink?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 19:20   #108
God Member

well i did hear a rumour
Old 20-07-2006, 07:06   #109
Junior Member+

I think an entertaining night was had by all and a warm welcome was given by both sets of fans.....looked a lot more than just under 3,000 to me!!

Anyway suffice to say welcome back Stanley to where you belong in the football league and the very best of luck for the coming season.

ALTOGETHER NOW,ONE MORE TIME.........................

'STAND UP IF YOU HATE BURNLEY,STAND UP IF YOU HATE BURNLEY!!

THE BLUE 'N' WHITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 07:54   #110

all stands looked full to me apart from clayton end which was about 3/4 full

only one injury scare, roberts, taken off as a precaution though

pictures: http://www.freewebs.com/slater_scott...rnfriendly.htm
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 09:05   #111
Junior Member+

What was the score - it's harder trying to find a sober judge than the score last night. BBC. Accy Stan website, Accy observer and here. I can find talk about it but not the score or match detail. Apologies if I have missed something and I am being stupid.

Hi, by the way
letsdo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 10:25   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsdo1
What was the score - it's harder trying to find a sober judge than the score last night. BBC. Accy Stan website, Accy observer and here. I can find talk about it but not the score or match detail. Apologies if I have missed something and I am being stupid.

Hi, by the way
It was 0-3 to rovers, jason roberts, franny jeffers and matt derbyshire finding the net. info is on the stanley website

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 10:33   #113

Hehe I've been having a look over the rovers review on the game, they seem to go quiet about the rovers performance after the 3rd goal, I wonder why that is :P

I have to say, that although there was a definate step up in class between the two teams, I wouldn't say it was millions £ for it
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 11:17   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
all stands looked full to me apart from clayton end which was about 3/4 full

only one injury scare, roberts, taken off as a precaution though

pictures: http://www.freewebs.com/slater_scott...rnfriendly.htm
Only one injury scare? - what about Andy Mangan, he had to be subbed in the second half after injuring his knee.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 11:21   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF
Hehe I've been having a look over the rovers review on the game, they seem to go quiet about the rovers performance after the 3rd goal, I wonder why that is :P

I have to say, that although there was a definate step up in class between the two teams, I wouldn't say it was millions £ for it
Quite agree - certainly didn't look like premiership vs a team just up from the conference, I thought our lads played well especially in the second half and we deserved at least one goal. God knows what wages the likes of Savage & co are on compared to our lads but from last nights game I can't see that any of em deserve it.
Old 20-07-2006, 12:54   #116

none of em do in premiership for doing 2/3 hours of work a day, the wages are a disgrace
Old 20-07-2006, 13:41   #117
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
none of em do in premiership for doing 2/3 hours of work a day, the wages are a disgrace
Come Support Stanley then, because everytime you go to Rovers your helping them to have a stupid wage like that

Would Rather go and watch Whitby Bay V Cammel laird than premiership
Old 20-07-2006, 18:26   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF

prob because it was an easy victory the game was dead and we just let the game flow.....thats why its a friendly....gaurantee it wouldnt have happened in a lg game

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 19:52   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
Come Support Stanley then, because everytime you go to Rovers your helping them to have a stupid wage like that

Would Rather go and watch Whitby Bay V Cammel laird than premiership
thanks but no ta

id find it hard to stop supporting my team, even tho i am a mug with the prices i pay
Old 21-07-2006, 09:05   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
prob because it was an easy victory the game was dead and we just let the game flow.....thats why its a friendly....gaurantee it wouldnt have happened in a lg game
Quite right it wouldn't because we wouldn't have had half a dozen trialists (including the 2nd half goalie) playing in a league game. Easy victory my foot - that's what we wanted you to think

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..