Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2006, 23:08   #16
God Member

Re: Bars in place for wed night

Hmmmmmmmmm....you get shot over here if you serve warm beer.I would resort to plan 'B'- alcahol chocolates.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2006, 05:55   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John
@ Redash. Can't imagine that booze dished out from a Portacabin thingy would be particularly cold-unless you were first in line....
Hello Kiwi John .
A few years ago somebody invented something called, a fridge, that seems to do the trick with beer.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 07:56   #18

took me 20mins to get served
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 10:27   #19
Senior Member+

Are you old enough to be served
Old 20-07-2006, 10:41   #20

Angry Re: Bars in place for wed night

I'm sorry but in my opinion they didn't work. You guys may have got your beer but it was an absolute nightmare for the stewards as once again the club failed to organise something properly and went for the profit margin instead.

FA rules state that alcohol can be served on a ground on a match day but no alcohol can be consumed in veiw of the pitch. This means that you can buy your beer but you cant watch the match at the same time. So from when the game kicked off to the end of the game we had people stood in gangways hurling abuse at the stewards for asking them to move, coz they wanted to watch the match with their beer in hand.

Now I don't care what anybody says, but three stewards asking 30 odd people at each safety exit corner of the ground to go behind the stand and finish their beer before watching the game was never going to work. Please do not blame the stewards for this, as like a lot of things at this football club money comes first, then the football itself and the thought of spectator safety someway down after that, the stewards were just trying to do their jobs in the most awfully unthought through circumstances possible, and the presure exerted on our safety staff and stewards through the decisions made by the club seemingly without any regard for safety is without doubt unreasonable.

The bar behind each end is something that will work but it has to be done properly in a double width portacabin not like last night, last night was a complete shambles.
Stewards Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 12:53   #21

dont you think this happens at every ground?
Old 20-07-2006, 12:57   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
dont you think this happens at every ground?
Short answer, nope

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 13:37   #23
Senior Member+

put it this way I've been to quite a few league grounds and I haven't experienced it there
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 17:47   #24
God Member

thats because alot of the grounds have the bars down steps away from the view of the pitch...it will be a problem but remember you where dealing with both home and away fans where as at the clayton end you will only be dealing with stanley fans so im sure it will be a bit easier
Old 20-07-2006, 19:51   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Short answer, nope
i see it quite often

i even once managed to get one in stands at craven cottage

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..