Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 13:30   #16

Re: edwards and mangan not starting

no i watched both games. wrexham were utter garbage, a kids under 12 team would of beat them that night, but still a good win.

the stockport game we were lucky, their front two were causing problems all night and they battered us first half. second half we were much better, but still lucky to win, only welchys wonder goal saved us.
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2006, 13:56   #17
Senior Member+

Lucky 1-1 Win
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 15:13   #18
Senior Member+

Win your home games, Draw your away games
Old 06-10-2006, 15:25   #19
Senior Member+

I can see the point of both sides to this argument. Yes Coley is the man picking the team and he has got it wrong on occasions. For me, Phil Edwards is a sure fire starter, I cannot understand why it is necessary to leave him on the bench. Also why has Brown never been given a game, or you could argue about Ashley Foyle, Julian N'da etc etc. Lets give the guy a chance, after all he has brought us kicking and screaming from the Unibond First Division, so he must be doing something right!!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 15:34   #20

For accrington to make the next step up they have to sort some things out.

1. a Dietician at the club. To be a professional outfit and not to have a one is an absolute joke its eseential.

2. Also video analysis of the opposition and our own team. i dont think we do this either??
3. A roof is essential in my eyes to attract fans.
Old 06-10-2006, 15:55   #21
God Member

a dietician only exists at wealthy clubs. Who would follow the players home to ensure they dont have kebabs and lager?

We do have video analysis.

A roof is very essential. But we are skint. Apparently.
Old 06-10-2006, 16:00   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
For accrington to make the next step up they have to sort some things out.

1. a Dietician at the club. To be a professional outfit and not to have a one is an absolute joke its eseential.

2. Also video analysis of the opposition and our own team. i dont think we do this either??
3. A roof is essential in my eyes to attract fans.
Coleman is GOD

Here endeth the message..............

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 16:07   #23

a roof will not attract fans but it will stop the wet ones from drifting away.

kimberly you say our manager is incapable of picking the right team and now our setup is wrong. anything else ?
Old 06-10-2006, 16:21   #24

the set up isnt wrong its just not up to scratch with league football yet.
Old 06-10-2006, 16:32   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
For me, Phil Edwards is a sure fire starter, I cannot understand why it is necessary to leave him on the bench. Also why has Brown never been given a game,
Of course, its always a matter of opinion - for example I 100% agree with you on Edwards, but for the life in me I can't see what it is that many others see in Brown. He had plenty of chances last season and failed to impress, and I was surprised actually, that Coley didn't move him on in the close season. Can anybody please list his strengths, so I can watch out for them when he does get a game ( and I don't mean Henry Morton's endorsement when he said he was like a peregrine falcon, or something like that!).
For "Someone's" benefit, he should investigate the number of goals conceded from Stanley's right flank when Cav or Edwards are playing there - that would be justification for the support that one of them seems to enjoy among the fans on here.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 18:48   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
the set up isnt wrong its just not up to scratch with league football yet.
ok then what should have happened? we get promoted and then start chucking money at things before we know what the standard of football is? we could have been crap and gone staight back down, we still could then that would mean we would face financial trouble, rome was not built in a day!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 19:24   #27

Sadly for Mangan he is far more effective in his super sub role, his lightning pace is best used late doors when the opposition's defence are tiring. As for Cav, at this moment in time i'm affraid he is the weak link, as its been mentioned further up the page he has been getting skinned for fun this season. Sorry but those are the facts.
longballking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 20:52   #28

Why not let Edwards start but def keep Mangan as sub, as he's only good for about 20mins then he's knackered, but worth 10 men when he's on.

As for Bocco and Julian N' Da, they played together in the French league and did superb, why not give them a chance and play them up front together ?
Cant see the point of signing a player then not playing them, especially when they worked as a team before.

Give Mullin a break ! he needs it
Old 06-10-2006, 21:31   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise
As for Bocco and Julian N' Da, they played together in the French league and did superb, why not give them a chance and play them up front together ?
Cant see the point of signing a player then not playing them, especially when they worked as a team before.
how do u know that they did superb? unless you watched their game i dont really think anyone can comment on there past games pre stanley
Old 06-10-2006, 21:45   #30

why the hell did coley sign him then ?, he must have known something, give the lad a chance !!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..